PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new Vera Bradley bag to use as a diaper bar..which style?

jacksmomtobe
06-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Currently using the VB diaper bag (not the latest model but a prior one) and am looking to lighten up a bit. I love her prints and was considering the messenger bag which they mention could be used as a diaper bag however I was concerned about the lack of a zipper top. I was wondering what other VB bags people used as a diaper bag and liked. I'm expecting #2 at the end of July. My current bag is showing some wear and tear plus I'm ready for a new print. I've used the Lands End Day tripper, the bigger LE bag, and the skip hop prior to my current bag. I've like the diaper pad which I believe is from the lands end bigger bag that is more sturdy so it would be nice to fit that in the new bag. It's gotten better when I don't pack so much stuff in the bag as far as manageability but I do tend to just grab my little VB change purse which has keys, atm card, and key credit cards when running into to stores to avoid bringing the bulky bag in.

Thanks!

hudsonam
06-28-2006, 07:34 AM
I have a Carry All, which is retiring soon, and I really love it as a diaper bag. Two outside pockets that can be used for bottles/cups, two outside pockets I can use for my stuff plus a key fob, one long zipper pocket on the back that you can fit a changing pad in, and several pockets on the inside. And a single, adjustable strap that fits great over stroller handles. HTH!

sophiesmom
06-28-2006, 09:03 AM
I am currently using 2 VB bags as diaper bags. I use the carry all when i just have the baby and maybe 1 other kid. I use the side pockets for water bottle, sippy cup, or other things. Front pockets for tissues, purell, keys, etc. Inside I carry extra clothes for baby, bibs, burp rags, nursing apron, diapers, wipes, and still have room for more. For a changing pad, I bought a Carter's waterproof bassinet pad and it folds up perfectly and fits in the back zipper pocket. It's huge too when unfolded! I see a lot of mom's using this bag around here.

With all 3 I use the new baby bag. It comes with a nice pad (not quite as nice as my LE do it all pad though!). Not overly organized, but I keep all my little things in the toiletry thing that came with my LE bag. I keep extra clothes for all kids, the above for the baby, and can fit a cooler bag in there. The other day I fit in coloring books for my son. I use the front pocket for my shades, or keys. In general I like the bag, but am eyeing up a Ju Ju BeAll for maybe the fall... not sure though.

Have both in java blue! I also want a backpack... i've gone VB crazy!

I've also seen moms using a villager as a diaper bag, but I don't like keeping the changing pad inside. ;-) Unless you use disposable.??