PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Oioi, Timi & Leslie, Kalencom, or Fleurville

glamourgirlpink
06-28-2006, 03:09 AM
Hi again,
I was also wondering if I could get advice on any of these brands-Oioi, Timi and Leslie, Kalencom, or Fleurville. Are Oioi bags not well made? I'm obsessed with fashion and shopping and right now am anxious to buy a new bag that is pretty but durable. Any advice?
Thanks!

hudsonam
06-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Oi Oi seems well made to me. I just got a Hobo, and it's very fashionable, and the last few days I've been using it as a work bag after dropping my son off at daycare, plus it's raining and it's waterproof, and I love it. If you don't like a heavy vinyl bag, then don't get Fleurville, but they are very nice bags. The Oi Oi Hobo is very light. HTH a little!

tina-t
06-28-2006, 11:12 AM
I just got an OiOi hobo too and so far it is holding up well. No experience with Kalencom and Fleurville. I had a vinyl covered Timi and Leslie which I sold bec. dh has a problem with vinyl covered bags. He said it is too 1970's, lol. I did not have a problem with it. I thought it was a good idea since it would be easy to clean.

my3fallkiddos
06-28-2006, 11:45 AM
I've had an OiOi messenger (Loved it! Gorgeous!) but the strap on the messenger was the wrong height and it wasn't adjustable. I currently own a Fleurville Sling Tote in Aqua Stripe and loooooooooove it. It's my favorite bag so far.

I also own a Kate Spade tote that DH gave me as a pregnancy gift but after getting the ST, it's been retired! Beautiful bag but lacks the organization the ST has.

glamourgirlpink
06-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info! I love the ST too but am trying to find a new one at a good price... :) That's good to know about Kate Spade. :)

glamourgirlpink
06-28-2006, 03:47 PM
That's great to know about the Oioi hobo. I love the charcoal dot print but wish it had it with pink interior instead of lime...Maybe I'll go with the regular black with the pink lining! Thanks again for the great replies! :)

chubbycheeks
06-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Just a tip, if you are looking for a Sling Tote, call Fleurville direct and ask about their seconds, you can get them about half price that way, and the defects are normally very minor. I had a ST, and while I liked it, it was uncomfy on my shoulder for some reason, and I found it too big for most days, and too small for real long outings, so it didn't really fit my needs. But a cute well made bag for sure (I had silver ballistic, which isn't vinyl covered. . I'm not a fan of vinyl either!)

samantha546
06-29-2006, 12:39 PM
I have 2 Oi Oi bags and while I'm trying to sell them, I think they're great. I'm actually debating on keeping the quilted backpack as it has great organization and is easy to carry as well as looks sharp. I had a lady come up to me and ask where I got the bag and when I told her it was a diaper bag, she was shocked. But it doesn't get much love anymore since I'm not carrying diaper bags anymore-- switched to a Coach tote.

The other Oi Oi I have is a carryall and I haven't used it because it's too big for my taste. But again, it's got a lot of compartments and it's cute. If I can't sell it, I'll just use it as DD's overnight bag or something like that ;)

As far a Fleurville goes, I love my ST and am thinking of a Mothership for those day trips when the PPB is not big enough. I'm not a fan of vinyl but it doesn't bother me of DH. In fact he likes the ST when worn as a messenger. He says it's one of the most comfortable of my bags. We also have an Alpha 7..

Hmm, I'm beginning to see a pattern.. I like a bag and I get several from the same company ;)

HTH!

Samantha

dhano923
06-29-2006, 01:17 PM
OiOi bags are very well made. I use a OiOi messenger (the black and white floral) for my everyday diaper bag and it has held up very well. I also carry the hobos and carryalls in my inventory and I think they are also very well made and are great bags.

hudsonam
06-30-2006, 03:14 PM
I have to say, I've used my Oi Oi Hobo all week as a work bag/diaper bag, and I love it! I have the grey dot and it's a nice looking bag that works well with jeans and business attire. I'm so glad I got one.

glamourgirlpink
07-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Did you get the one with the lime or pink interior? I'm totally lusting after the charcoal dot hobo with the pink lining! Where did you buy yours from?

hudsonam
07-01-2006, 02:27 PM
I have the lime interior. I bought it from a swapper on a message board on Yahoo. :)