PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Loom Marsupial

glamourgirlpink
06-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Okay, lots of questions! Any opinions on the Loom Marsupial? Is it big enough for a day out for just one? Unfortunately we don't have retailers that sell this brand in my area... Thanks! :)

chubbycheeks
06-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Well, I would say that it depends on how heavy you back. It's a very structured (and well made) bag, so you can't stuff it as much as you can some other bags, like the Dash and Darling. Lets see... here is what I can fit in it.

3 diapers
hard wipes case
small cosmetic bag with toys
small first aid kit
rolled up thin blanket
wristlet (good sized)
cell and checkbook
water for me
two waters for the boys in the outside pockets
a couple of snack items

Hope that helps you a little! If you have a list of what you carry, I may be able to help you more!

glamourgirlpink
07-01-2006, 01:46 AM
Thank you for the valuable info! I usually carry the following:
5 diapers
hard wipes case
extra onesie
light baby sweater
sippy cup
snack size ziploc of snacks
wallet
razr cell
set of 3-4 keys and car remote
small cosmetic bag
changing mat
book or small toy
I tend to overpack but wanted to find a bag for everyday use that isn't too huge. I love structured bags and was thinking of the Fleurville mothership for days when I need to pack extra clothes/diapers, etc. Do you think this will work for me? I thought maybe I could stuff the outer pockets with a sippy on one side and my keys and cell on the other...What color marsupial do you have?

chubbycheeks
07-01-2006, 03:29 PM
You're quite welcome! I think you could fit all you listed fine in there. I have a slate blue/gray one. I really like the bag.. my only 'complaint' is that is is wide, and I am petite. Plus of late I am trying to pack lighter, so I have been using the Bandicoot more of late. Looms are great bags!

basilicali
07-03-2006, 11:32 AM
hey! i just got a bandicoot--there is a LOOM seconds sale from LOOM directly--I think they are out of bandicoots, but the amrsupials are $40 shipped--a great deal.
The bandicoots I got had really minor flaws:
1 had a small hole on the lining of the flap and the other had a small area that had gotten missed on the stitching inside the cup holder-really easy to fix.
Hope this helps.
Karen :P

mimieliza
07-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Where? How do I find this?!? I need a LOOM Marsupial! :) Thank you!

MarieBunny
07-03-2006, 01:35 PM
I didn't love my Marsupial. I ended up selling it after using only a month or two. IMO, the bag is too "structured". It doesn't allow room to stuff in any extras such as a small blanket, extra outfit, etc. It is also wide and hard to carry along with an infant/toddler. But I am a fan of backpack bags. If you like structured messenger style bags, you might like it. I found it almost to be like a "briefcase". I think it would hold a laptop and some folders quite well, just not baby stuff. At least for me.

glamourgirlpink
07-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Just call Loom and inquire about their seconds sale...I just ordered a black marsupial the other day...

glamourgirlpink
07-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi Karen!
Thanks for the great feedback! I saw the info on the sale on the yahoo baby bag swap board and ended up ordering a marsupial in black. I really hope the flaws on my bag are minor too! :)