PDA

View Full Version : Searching for stylish small bag for December wedding

cookie monster
06-29-2006, 05:14 PM
I normally carry backpacks or sling type bags. I am not girly but I would like a bag to use at my cousin's wedding in December that is not so sporty. I prefer solids to prints and would like something tailored. Although it's asking alot, I would like something that didn't look like a piece of luggage if you know what I mean. We are flying to San Diego after Christmas. As an aside, can anyone tell me what kind of weather is typical for that time of year?

I have two boys, ages 3 1/2 and 16 months.
I nomrally carry:

2-3 diapers, wipes, disposable changing pad, 1 pull up (just in case)
extra outfit for my 16 month old
2 playtex insulator sippy cups
table topper, spoon, fork
formula dispenser or 9 oz Avent bottle - used for snacks
large "taggie" blanket, Take Along Thomas trains, small books
small case for tylenol, neosporin, bandaids, aquafor, small scissors
keys, cellphone, small cosmetics case, change purse, sunglasses
purell, suntan lotion on carbineers(?)
I considered throwing everything into a purse but I don't want to have sippy cups floating around in my purse because they are sometimes wet. I would love some better orgainzation than that. Also a contrast color lining would be a plus. I would love ANY suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Rach3975
06-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Try one of Janine King's bags on E-bay. She has many different styles and sizes.

http://stores.ebay.com/Janine-King-Designs_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

I have one of the backpacks, and I can fit a surprising amount in it. There are 2 interior pockets and 2 exterior pockets. If you don't mind stuffing it a bit, you can even fit 2 Playtex sippies in 1 exterior pocket! (I assume it would work with the interior pockets, too, but I haven't tried it.) I think the backpack might be too small for everything listed here, but it might fit if you chose your extra outfit and books carefully so they wouldn't take up too much room. I wouldn't use the backpack as an everyday diaper bag (black lining, no closure on the outer pockets, strap might not be comfortable enough), but it's great for this sort of special event bag.

If those are too patterned or more $ than you want to spend on a bag you may not use much, I've seen Mandalay knockoffs of the Fleurville Sling Tote at Target. They come in a small and a large size. Tailored black with white stitching, lots of interior and exterior pockets, tote and messenger handles. The interior is black, but they seem to open wide enough for that not to be too bad. I bought the small one at Target just yesterday, but Target.com doesn't have them listed. (Never going to own the real thing, so I finally decided it was the cheapie or nothing!)

One other idea, if you have purses big enough, is to put the 2 sippies in a bottle cooler/bottle bag so that if they leaked, it wouldn't be all over your purse.

hudsonam
06-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Here are some suggestions off the top of my head:

Ju Ju Be Be All
Oi Oi Hobo
Oi Oi Messenger
Petunia Picklebottom bags
Kecci Shanghai bag
Fleurville Sling Tote or Mothership
Timi & Leslie Large Bebe bag
One Cool Chick messenger

Check out www.babybrowns.com for lots of ideas. HTH! :)

heatherlynn
07-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Here's another: Made by Terri. madebyterri.com. I haven't tried one, but I've heard good things. Good luck!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05