PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought a fleurville second?

glamourgirlpink
07-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Has anyone one ever bought a Fleurville factory second mothership or sling tote? If so, how was it? Would you recommend buying a second? I'm just wondering because its practically half price and they have some cute colors in the mothership available...If the flaws were really minor and barely noticeable I was thinking it might be worth it so that I can go ahead and buy the other two or three other bags I'm in love with right away!
Thanks so much for any advice offered! :)

turtlejd
07-01-2006, 11:56 AM
I bought a sling tote in floral sky. I would recommend buying a second because of the discount. I've heard of a lot of people who have bought them and nothing was wrong. Just make sure the person really checks if everything is there and for any other flaws. She told me that everything was there except for the changing pad and that it was a second just because it had been lying around the office for awhile. She also seemed a bit in a hurry. When I received it, it was missing the shoulder strap and also the carabiner clip that comes inside. The chanigng pad, however, was there. Also, there was a one inch long cut along one side of the bag through the vinyl. I got mine for a little over 50% off though.

ktshea
07-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Hello!
I just bought one today - a Mothership in "pink bingo". It was cheaper than what Motherships were going for on Ebay! I called Fleurville twice; once to find out what they had and the second time after I had decided what I wanted. Both times the gals on the phone went and got the bag and looked it over and told me what the flaws were. I'm REALLY excited about it! I haven't seen it in person yet since I just ordered it this morning, so I'll update when I receive it. I feel like I've got a really good idea about what I'm getting, though, because the ladies on the phone described the flaw pretty well. And the price was definitely right!

ETA: OK, I received my Mothership yesterday and I'm REALLY happy with it. I had to do a pretty extensive search to find the flaw (a small scratch in the lamination on the front) and I probably wouldn't have seen it if I didn't know where to look. Also, it came with the accessories - changing pad, wipes holder, insulated bottle holder, and dirty bag. It was TOTALLY worth the money I paid for it. Now I'm just wondering if I shouldn't have bought the pink chocolate one. And I think I definitely should have bought an Escape pod... :)

HTH,

SammyeGail
07-08-2006, 01:17 AM
I also just ordered one today. I got a slingtote in Olo. She said it was ok, everything was there, it was in the seconds because it had been used as a display in a trade show. Could care less about the changing pad, but I do hope I get a sholder strap!!

Will also update when I get mine.

Samantha
Mommy to Noah and Jonas
7.5 months old twins

glamourgirlpink
07-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the update! :) I actually just bought a brand new regular pink chocolate mothership from a seller on ebay who had a bunch of Fleurville bags for sale. I got it for $100 including shipping which was pretty close to the price of a second with shipping. I saw a few for great prices on ebay if you're interested in buying one. I love the pink chocolate color and figured that it would be a good way to own a light color bag that won't get dirty (thanks to the vinyl overlay!). I know Fleurville had one when I called (a second that is) but she said the fabric and the flap were a little uneven and that it might be noticeable. I know there was a black cord with that problem too but they said it wasn't very noticeable being that it was black...
I'm so glad that you're happy with your bag! Are you addicted to diaper bags too? :) I've just started my addiction and I am hooked on Fleurville! I'm going to try to get a second ST through them if they ever have one available...Its good to know that the flaws are so minor. I just bought a Loom Marsupial through their seconds sale (I think its on for another day or so if you're interested!) and it also had really small flaws. It seems like factory second bags are a super awesome deal. :)
Thanks again for the update!

SammyeGail
07-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I got my fleurville second today and it looks great!! Everything is there and its sooo pretty!!

Samantha

nicoleandjackson
07-17-2006, 09:54 PM
How do you find these???

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

turtlejd
07-17-2006, 10:13 PM
You call the number on the fleurville website and ask about seconds. They'll tell you what they have at the moment. :)

Joyce

ktshea
07-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Haha, to answer your question - YES! I'm totally addicted to diaper bags now. My husband is going to kill me. I'm actually trying to sell the Mothership I just bought (realized it won't hang on my double stroller - duh) so I can get a Bumble Jessica. Or maybe a Skip Hop Dash. I'm still trying to decide between those two and the decision is monopolizing my brain! Anyway, I'm glad you were happy with yours too. I'd totally buy a second from Fleurville again. In fact, I may go back for a ST later, when I'm not packing so much. :) It'll have to be much, much later so I can stay married, lol.

ktshea
07-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Yep, and they told me exactly what the flaw was so that I could make an informed decision (no returns/refunds/exchanges on seconds). The gals there were really nice, too.

nicoleandjackson
07-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Ooooooh... Thank you! Thank you!

I am in such trouble now :)!

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

SammyeGail
07-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Oh, and they just take your credit card info and address over the phone. You get a paid invoice in your package. Just wanted to let you know in case you may feel funny about that. They charged me $11.00 for shipping.

One thing I did notice missing was a hard wipes case. It would have been nice to have, but I am happy with the deal I got!

Samantha