PDA

View Full Version : lesportsac delux everyday?

skohng
07-02-2006, 10:04 AM
hi all,

i've been seeing some of these on the yahoo boards and am really intrigued. never bothered to get one b.c they always reminded me of "old ladies" for some reason, but some prints are really cute!

just wondering if you think it's a good everyday bag for a 15mo. they look really thin - are they durable?

thanks!

tiapam
07-04-2006, 11:31 PM
I really like mine, it's super lightweight. I think it is holding up really well. I am actually sick of the one I have been carrying, so I am going to get a new, more summery one. I have never really used it as *just* a diaper bag, it is my stuff and then a few things for DD. I always have at least a diaper change in there, and add things depending on where we are going. If I need to bring lots of food, I pack a separate food bag. I think for a 15 month old it is a good choice.

You can get good deals by contacting the factory stores listed on the website.

FYI, the trim colors are hard to judge online. It's best if you can see them in person.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

heatherlynn
07-05-2006, 07:47 PM
I just ordered one from the factory store. I should receive it tomorrow and can take pics and give you a review if you like. I just got a plain black one because I want to be able to use it as a purse sometimes when I'm w/out kids (not that it happens much!).

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

skohng
07-05-2006, 09:44 PM
heather - that would be great! thanks so much. i emailed the factory stores but i'm not too crazy about the prints they have. I guess i'll check ebay here and there. I also want to use it as my own bag (for those 30 minutes a week we run to the grocery store by ourselves, right?)

looking fwd to your review!

tiapam
07-07-2006, 11:41 PM
There are some old posts about this bag. You might want to do a search. Some of them have pictures.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

heatherlynn
07-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi, Sorry I'm just now getting to this. I don't have pictures yet, but I tried it out yesterday and it seemed to work really well! The organization is great for me. I put a few diapers, wipes, disp. changing pad in one of the zipper pockets. I like that so that if I go out by myself, no one has to see the diaper stuff if I open my bag. I put a zippy cup and a Playtex bottle (in a Baby Sherpa insulated cooler) in another zipper pocket. Then I put my wristlet in another pocket. Cell phone, keys, sunglasses in front pockets.

So far, I'm really liking this! I love that the strap is easy to adjust so that I can put it around the stroller handle, but I can shorten it to wear "tote" style (comfortable and doesn't fall off my shoulders!). I could also wear it messenger style.

I say get this bag! Perfect for quick trips for me (a few hours). I got a black one and was warned about the "black hole" effect, but I just don't think it's a problem w/ this bag since there are many compartments. I got mine from one of the outlets in NY - I called them and they shipped it to me. The black was only 25% off though, plus shipping, but the black is a little hard to find in this bag.

I'll try to take pictures today and post. Any questions? Just ask!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

heatherlynn
07-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Ok, I didn't forget. Honest! The in-laws were in town so no time lately. Anyway, here are some pics. I don't think they're the best, but I hope this helps someone. And I"m still loving this bag!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34832.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34833.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34834.jpg

skohng
07-22-2006, 07:53 PM
heather, thanks for the pics!

i did see a bunch at my local nordstrom rack, and got to see them in person. I was a little worried about the "flimsiness" of it. I'm just used to my hefty LL Bean bag which is a beast of a thing. How long can you stay out with your dc with this bag?

heatherlynn
07-22-2006, 08:30 PM
I would say I could stay out probably 1/2 day. I can fit a few diapers, a sippy cup, and a bottle in an insulated cooler, plus all my other stuff (cell, wristlet, keys, sunglasses). I'm amazed at how much I can fit in there. I love how easy the strap is to adjust. And everything has it's place. This works much, much better for me than the Dash I had.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

DAKnits
07-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Heather -- would you mind posting why the Dash didn't work for you? I am thinking of adding the Dash to my stash, and want to know the negatives, too! THANKS!

heatherlynn
07-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I just didn't think it held as much as I thought it should for the size of the bag. And when I only needed a "few" things or I wanted to go out on my own, it was way too much of a bag. I also didn't like the flap on top. I tried it 3 times and I so wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. Right now, I'm using a LeSportsac Everyday bag. I love it! It's a great bag.

I think the Skip Hop bags are great bags, but the Dash just didn't work for me with the things I wanted to carry and what I wanted to use it for.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

DAKnits
07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks, Heather! Right now I am looking to trade one of my bags for a black dash or to find one used for a good price, in case it doesn't work out for me. I have posted on Babybags, so hopefully someone has one to add to my stash!