PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley bags waterproof?

Salmeen
07-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Heyy

I been checking out VB bags for a while now online. I havent gotten a chance to see them IRL yet. I'm interested in baby bag and carry-all.

1. Are the bags waterproof? From what i see, I dont think they look waterproof but maybe on the inside they are protected by some coating..
2. Are they structured or completely floppy?
3. Would they be able to stand on their own just for a little while?

TIA

**A sweet new blossom of humanity, fresh fallen from God's own home, to flower on earth.-Massey.**

BeachBum
07-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't have either of the ones you mention, but to my knowledge
they aren't waterproof and they are pretty floppy. They are a thick quilted material.

sophiesmom
07-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I have the carry all and the baby bag. Both definitely stand on their own when packed (the carry all stands even unpacked).

They are not waterproof, but are machine washable. The old babybag had a plastic lining, but this one doesn't..

They are both very light when packed. I packed my babybag for a day out at an amusement park (for 3 kids) and it was pretty light considering it was jam packed!

HTH!

Salmeen
07-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Ok thanks for answering! I thought they might be a bit floppy but I'm glad that they are stuffable, lightweight and at least they would stand on their own. Another reason I asked was so that i can use 'em when i travel internationally. I wish they had liner to protect it from liquids though but its okay.

Now the dilemma is to buy which one and in which pattern? I am leaning towards Jave Blue, Piccadilly Plum and Nantucket Red.

**A sweet new blossom of humanity, fresh fallen from God's own home, to flower on earth.-Massey.**

sophiesmom
07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
I have both in Java Blue! The others you have listed are nice too. I chose the Java since it's a color that can be used year round, but i've seen girls w/ the plum now, and the red can all year too!

sbjf
07-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I have the VB Baby Bag and love it. I put a medium sized, clear, structured plastic cosmetic bag in the middle and I put things that can leak/stain the cloth in there, like foods and a pen.

:-)