PDA

View Full Version : Essential items for trunk

sethsmom
07-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Wednesday afternoon, DS and I had a nasty run in with his stomach virus as we sat in the waiting room of the pediatrician and again later on at the pharmacy. As I walked around the store frantically looking for a towel or blanket to purchase for him (I could stay wet) I decided it was time to put a "just in case" bag in my trunk. Any ideas on what I need to keep in it?

Rachel
Seth's mom (10/04/05)

LD92599
07-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Complete Spare Outfit
Spare Dipes
Wipes
Ziploc Bags (gallon sized)
Dish towel or smallish towel
Spare T for you

Laura
Will is three...and doesn't sleep :-( He's sleeping better....just not early. Oh, and just diagnosed w/ asthma. Maybe it's all related?

[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

Niki_n_Abby
07-14-2006, 09:52 AM
I keep a rubbermaid container with a complete outfit, wipes, diapers, wash cloth, towel, small blanket, bottle of water, small first aid kit with bandaids and ointment, t-shirt for me, small toy

Niki

audball
07-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Just to add to what has already been said:

disposable snack or sippy cups
non-perishable snacks (or at least those that will last, like crackers)
extra benedryl (DS's food allergies) and dispenser
toilet paper
potty seat liners
hand sanitizer
anti-germ/bacterial wipes (Clorox or the like)

DAKnits
07-14-2006, 03:01 PM
This is what I have:

extra sippy cup
bottle of water
diapers
wipes
small garbage bags
disposable placemats
tissues
bag of toys
sweater
hat
Mei hip carrier
sweater for me

I am going to add an extra outfit after reading this post -- that would have come in handy yesterday!!!

tmrbwilson1998
07-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi, Rachel! In our minivan, I keep a soft-sided travel toy "box" on the floor behind me with some toys and 2 gallon-sized zip-loks - one with infant toys for DD and one for big boy 3yo toys for DS.

In the back of the van, I used to keep extras in a pretty bag, but found it more convenient to use one of those XL Zip-lok bags. Here is what I have in it for summer:

Light blanket
Extra hats
Bath towel (for last-minute run-ins with city fountains, etc., lol!)
Extra outfit for each DC
Swim diaper for each DC (comes in handy for playdates, etc.)
Extra dipes for DD, undies for DS
Shopping cart cover
Hip Daddy hip carrier, Mei Tei, and Baby Bjorn (you never know!)
Extra bottles of water

I think that is it!

HTH!
Tina

sethsmom
07-16-2006, 09:04 PM
I've started my bag, and thank goodness, because when we were out today, DH cut his arm on the trunk (though I don't actually know how! LOL!) However, I was prepared with my neosporin and band-aids.

And as we picked up DS from my mother this afternoon, she gave us a hungry baby, a bottle, and measured out formula, but no water. What to do? Just get out a water bottle from the trunk!

Thanks so much for all of your ideas! If anyone thinks of anything else, let me know. There's nothing like being prepared!

Rachel
Seth's mom (10/04/05)