PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the Fleurville Mini Mothership? What do you think?

Kearstenn
07-15-2006, 10:55 AM
I just noticed Fleurville's Mini Mothership in Denim Grommet! Love it!

www.fleurville.com

Do you think it would be big enough for a newborn and a 3 year old working on getting potty trained? They also have the Denim in the ST...I've never owned a tote and not sure how I feel about not having outside side pockets. I still have an Alpha 7 from my son (which I love!), it's just too summery for the fall and winter.

One more question...is the Oi Oi Messenger big enough for 2??? I'm also looking at that one.

Thanks!
Kear

patti_b
07-15-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't know about the Mini Mothership, but just wanted to say that today I just received the Sling in Denim Grommet. The denim grommet is so cute. Not diaperbag-ish. Will go with everything. Good w/ boy or girl. It doesn't have the plastic coating, though, and the denim part isn't water resistant. I tested it with a drop of water and it soaked right in. So, if that's a concern for you, it may not be a good choice. I think it would be okay to spot clean it though. Throw up or a runny food spill on it could be problematic as it could get through the grommets between the denim and inner layer. I'm going to keep it and take that risk though b/c it's so cute.

Patti

Kearstenn
07-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Do you find the Sling Tote heavy? I love the look of the ST, but I've read so many complaints about the weight...

patti_b
07-15-2006, 10:08 PM
I haven't packed it and used it yet, but I really don't think that it feels heavy. Maybe the vinyl coated ones are heavier? I just looked up shipping weights on Baby Center and the ST (vinyl coated, they don't have grommet) is about 1 lb heavier than a Skip Hop Dash (including packaging) and almost a lb less than the Oi Oi Messenger. If I'm already carrying a 19 pound baby (who is getting heavier by the minute, it seems), 1 pound in the diaper bag really doesn't make any difference to me. I got out my kitchen scale and it weighs 2.25 pounds. I also remember someone saying it wasn't comfortable to wear messenger style, but to me it's fine.

Emmas Mom
07-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Just wanted to chime in because I have a ST & absolutely love it. I guess weight never bothers me cause it's never been an issue. It's been my primary bag for close to a year & I can use it for both DD's. Of all the bags I have or have had, it's by far my favorite. :)

ETA: I have the pink chocolate

samantha546
07-16-2006, 10:50 PM
I second the love of the sling totes. I don't feel it's a heavy bag unless I pack it to the gill-- with stones and bottles of water!! ;)

Kearstenn
07-17-2006, 07:01 AM
What pattern does everyone have? I'm looking for a Fall/winterish style, since baby #2 is due in Sept. I love the Denim Grommet, but now I'm torn since DH and 2 friends like the vinyl covering.

Thanks for all the advice on the ST...I'm headed in that direction!

patti_b
07-17-2006, 08:00 AM
I don't have the Gold Flower, but have seen it in person, and think it's very pretty and looks a little fallish to me. It's what I would have probably gotten until I saw that the denim grommet was coming out, so I waited on that.

patti_b
07-17-2006, 05:03 PM
FYI about the denim, I sprayed Scotchgard on it and it really helped repel water.