PDA

View Full Version : Can I stick an ice pack in the Fluerville ST's removeable insulated bottle holder/

DAKnits
07-18-2006, 12:04 AM
I just got a ST in gold flower, and would love if I could use the removeable bottle holder as a mini "cooler," but I'm not sure it's meant for that purpose. Can I stick an ice pack in there and use it to keep my DD's yogurt, cheese, and grapes cold during the day? Will it keep it cold? Can I stick the ice pack in there?

DAKnits
07-18-2006, 12:28 AM
I also found this ... anyone have experience with this or using ice in the ST bottle holder, and can give their opinion? Or if you use something else you like, I would love to know!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=bxgy_cc_img_b_13792291/601-5988242-9454552?asin=B0009RNXO4

patti_b
07-18-2006, 09:55 AM
I just bought a better cooler than that at Target. It was by Munchkin and has the main compartment sized to hold 3 bottles and another insulated zippered pouch that could hold small snacks like string cheese or a couple diapers & small wipes. It has several slip pockets that would hold bibs, spoons, etc., and there are side pockets that would hold keys & mobile phone. It has a grab handle as well as detachable shoulder strap. It's a great little cooler bag and was just $9.99. It's not online, though, and I can't find a picture of it anywhere else, so I suggest going to the store to see if they have it.

It's similar to this one except that the side pockets are slip instead of gusseted and the top closure has a double zipper flap. This one actually looks a little better to me. Maybe I got ahold of the old model.

http://thebabybungalow.stores.yahoo.net/muinboca1.html

SammyeGail
07-18-2006, 12:58 PM
I was wondering the same thing (just got a ST yesterday)and was thinking......if the concern is about the ice pack 'sweating' and it messing up the bottle holder, could you just put the ice pack inside a ziplock bag?

Just an idea, any imput from anyone else much appreciated!!

Samantha
Mommy to Noah and Jonas
8 months old twins

noahsmommy
07-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Hmm..looks like we're are all wondering the same thing, as I just picked up my ST this weekend. I found I could put an ice pack in the bottle holder with a Go-Go yogurt, cheese stick and grapes in it, but then there isn't any room for a sippy cup. The ice pack I used was a "bag like" ice pack (the ones that are covered in shiny aluminum vs. a hard plastic pack). I just put it in a qt size ziploc and it all fit. But I haven't actually taken it out and about. Still deciding on a color, so I can't actually use the bag just yet.

Ann

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogard20040519_-6_Noah+is.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/car220np___.png[/img][/url]

DAKnits
07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering this!

I actually don't keep my sippy cup insulated, the cup usually keeps it pretty cold, and I like to be able to just grab it out of the bag without fiddling with opening a cooler.

Today, I packed my ST and put the sippy in one of the elastic pockets which worked great. I actually decided to order the Two Cool bottle cooler (link above) to replace the removeable bottle holder that comes with the ST, b/c it zips closed instead of a drawstring (in case the bag falls over and turns upside down), and b/c I won't have to worry about the ice pack in there. Also, I like that it has a strap that I could use to hang it on a stroller.

Thanks for the cooler suggestion -- I actually have over half a dozen coolers that I grab depending on what I need for the day. These days, all DD will eat for lunch is turkey meat (if I'm lucky), 2 cheese sticks, and 2 little Danimals, and some grapes or other fruit in a ziplock. So I want the cooler to be super small or narrow, no bigger than the bottle holder in the ST. I do have a two bottle cooler from One Step Ahead that I used today in the ST that worked pretty well. I could probably just use the one from OSE, but I wanted to try the Two Cool bottle holder to see if it's more narrow.

BTW, Ann, what color ST are you thinking about?

Just as an aside, I absolutely love the bag, it's working really well for me -- almost too well -- it's hard to justify having so many different bags when this one appears to be working so great! I guess time will tell!

noahsmommy
07-19-2006, 06:55 PM
I currently have the ST in the Ogo print, but I'm supposed to get another ST in the gold flower print (isn't that the one you have?) by Friday or Monday. The Ogo print is very retro and springlike, but I'm wondering if I'll get tired of it quickly. Since DC #2 is a girl, I still wanted to get a feminine print diaper bag, since DS's bag is just plain navy. The gold flower print looks like a classic design that's pretty, trendy, yet not overly so. What do you think of it? I also picked up a black pronto to go with the Ogo and red one to go with the gold flower. Just have to look at them side by side to decide.

I'm glad to hear that the ST is working great. I'm hoping for the same result.

BTW, which one is more narrow: The Two Cool bottle holder or the OSA 2 bottle cooler? I'm going to have to get one anyhow, to have on hand.

Ann

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogard20040519_-6_Noah+is.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/car220np___.png[/img][/url]

DAKnits
07-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I just responded but it isn't showing! grrrr!

To summarize what I wrote at more length, I absolutely love the Gold Flower print, it's the prettiest of all the bags I own! I wish it was trimmed in black rather than brown, but I have been wearing it with black anyway since the Gold Flower print is more noticeable than the brown trim. I hope they come out with a floral trimmed in black in the future!

Where did you order your ST from? I got mine from Jen at Expressive Toys, and I highly recommend her!

I haven't received the Two Cool Bottle holder yet -- I am hoping it's more narrow even though the OSA is pretty narrow -- b/c all I need to carry is 2 Danimals, 2 cheese sticks, and a ziplock of fruit. I'll post as soon as I get it.

Ok, I'm going to hit "post" -- I hope this time it shows up!