PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have landsend or llbean lunch box?

skohng
07-18-2006, 10:47 AM
hi all,

now that ds is 15mo and a champion snacker, I'd like to get a lunch box-type cooler. I did see the thread about the baby sherpa, but I think that's overkill for me. I'd like a separate lunch box that's portable, depending on which bag I'm carrying, or so grandma can carry it, etc.

I was looking at the land's end or llbean ones. Ideally though I'd like it to have a shoulder strap so I can carry it, or a d-ring type thing to clip onto my bags with a carabiner. DOes anyone have these and can comment on em for me?

thanks!
selena

tiapam
07-22-2006, 10:43 PM
I have one from LE and I really like it. I got it at an outlet some time ago and it came with a d-ring and a shoulder strap. It looks like this one, which does not seem to come with a d-ring:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_678_67500_128684_107131_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=8563162223536188900&CM_MERCH=SRCH

But you coud just buy a d-ring separately.

HTH.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

skohng
07-23-2006, 10:50 AM
thanks pam! i actually went out to a LE outlet myself, and got one. I love it! Looks like it can hold a ton, I love the adjustable strap and the fact taht it has a D ring to clip onto my stroller or bag. Mine also has a holder for a bottle or sippy cup; since I already have a munchkins insulated straw sippy, I'm going to get a Thermos funtainer for warm drinks and food. It'll fit perfectly in the lunch box!

If anyone is interested in an insulated lunch box the LE is DEFINITEly the way to go!

KHF
07-24-2006, 07:28 AM
I just got an LL Bean Super Lunch Box (Regular) for my daughter to use at daycare. She's starting to phase out bottles now, and I needed something to contain all the small containers of food. It works really well for what we need and it is really cute and well-made.

There is one main compartment that will fit 4 take and toss containers and 2 4 oz size Dr. Brown's narrow neck bottles. There is also a front compartment that would fit either baggies of snacks, a bib, things of that nature. Then there is also a zipper pocket that would be perfect for small utensils. It has a handle on top, plus a d-ring on it.

I think it's going to work well for now, but we may have to graduate to the extra large sized one in the future for longer day trips, etc.

Kirsten
DD Laurel - 8.22.2005

DAKnits
07-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I got the Fleurville lunch pak which is super cute and has great features. I ordered it from expressivetoys.com -- she might like wearing it as a backpack, but even if she doesn't, it looks like a great lunch bag.

The other bag I may get to try is the Lands' End Kid Lunch box -- Pam or anyone else ... can you fit dry snacks in the front pocket?

tiapam
07-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes, you can, but it's a deep pocket and somewhat tight. I do get a fair amount of stuff crammed in it (a bib, utensils, napkins, little bags of snacks) but access could be better. It's a small complaint, though, as the bag functions great overall. I especially like the adjustable shoulder strap - it fits over my stroller handle.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

DAKnits
07-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks, Pam!!

skohng
07-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Kirsten,

do you mind posting a pic of the llbean lunch box? After playing around with the Lands End, I think it's too small to hold containers of food - I'd have to use all ziplocs, which isn't terribly convenient. I like the look of the llbean and wonder if their regular size is big enough for us.

Thanks!

KHF
07-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Don't mind at all. I'll try and post some tomorrow sometime...

Kirsten

KHF
07-30-2006, 12:16 PM
I took a few photos. The link to them is: http://tinyurl.com/mqxzb

I took the pictures with what I typically pack in it for a day at daycare. I hope this helps you get an idea of what can fit.

I couldn't come up with anything good to show how big the front pocket is. It's about 1 inch deep and could easily fit a bib, spoons, and other utensils in there. Probably would be good for small ziplocs of puffs, snacks, etc. There is also a front zippered slip pocket for other items.

I may eventually purchase the Super lunch box for longer trips, but for now the regular suits us fine.

Hope this helps,
Kirsten

skohng
07-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Kirsten, thanks so much for these pics! I know how hard it can be to find time to take them, upload, etc.

These give me a great idea of the size. It looks about the same size as the Land's End after all, just more "structured". I think I'm going to go ahead and get the super lunch box. thanks again!

KHF
07-30-2006, 03:53 PM
No problem, glad the pics helped you make a decision. If you do get the Super, could you post back and let me know what all will fit in it? I'm thinking of getting that one in addition to the regular.

Kirsten

DAKnits
07-30-2006, 11:31 PM
http://landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_678_67500_146380_124353_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=8513161884983149090&CM_MERCH=SRCH

I found this one which looks bigger than the Land's End lunch box you purchased. It's bigger than the regular LL Bean lunch box and a little smaller than the Super. It looks like the Land's End lunch box has a mesh pocket for an ice pack, and the description of the LL Bean Super doesn't say anything about a separate compartment for an ice pack, if that's important to you.

***edited to add: I just realized this doesn't have a drink holder ... oh well!