PDA

View Full Version : Sling Tote and a Mothership? Would that be overkill?

my3fallkiddos
07-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I have a ST that I loooooooooooove but am thinking of the Mothership for all day outings. I have a Lands End DIA but opening and closing it is a pain since the two sides have to be held together before you close it (atleast mine does but it could be because it's packed quite full).

Can you pack that much more in a MS over the ST? Would having both be overkill?

Thanks!

DAKnits
07-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Have you considered the Lexie Barnes Super Star or Posh Baby Ultimate? I have read incredible reviews on the Lexie Barnes Super Star for all day outings and it's very lightweight with tons of pockets. I've also read great reviews of the Posh Baby Ultimate bag which can be worn as a messenger or backpack.

I also have a ST, and LOVE it! Personally, I'm not crazy about the Mothership (too much bulk for me when it's not even packed), but some love it!

Good luck!

glamourgirlpink
07-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Oooh...that's exactly what I'm thinking of buying and I only have one DC! :) I just got my pink choc. mothership and I love it for all day outings, travel, and even for short day trips. I'm petite but it still doesn't feel bulky (slightly nor fully packed) to me. :) I also bought an Oioi hobo and next I'm on to a ST! :) There's just something about Fleurville that I love and I definitely think that the ST is adorable! I'm just trying to decide on a color...what color were you thinking of?
I think that if you love it, you should buy it! Even if you outgrow your love for it after a while, you could probably swap it on the yahoo baby bags group or sell it on ebay for a great price. :) Speaking of ebay, they have lots of perfect nwt FV bags for great prices right now. I just bought my brand new, perfect nwt FV with all of the accessories for about the same price as a second from FV direct. I bought it from a retailer who seems to be discontinuing this line or at least clearing some of it out. Such a great deal! :)

bluedeb
07-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Can you tell me what you think of the OiOi Hobo? I'm looking at getting one. I have a LB Superstar, Oilily Messenger, LB Darling, SH Dash, and a Petunia Pickle Bottom. How would it compare to any of these? I have 3 kids, but only have to pack for 2. And I was curious if it is big enough. TIA

glamourgirlpink
07-24-2006, 02:38 AM
I actually just ordered it from OiOi a couple of days ago. Its in the mail and should be arriving any day now! I'll definitely give you an update as soon as I receive it! :)

my3fallkiddos
07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks everyone! I called Fleurville and ordered a paisley "seconds" Mothership and it should be here this week!

Thanks again :)

glamourgirlpink
07-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I adore my hobo that I just got in the mail the other day! Although it is microfiber, it is a bit stiffer than the microfiber a Kate Spade is made of...Does that make sense? :) The interior is made of a very soft material, there are quite a few pockets, and I love the seat belt type strap. I especially love the charcoal dot print! It looks so retro meets mod. Totally stylish and hip yet functional for my DC's things also. I love tote and hobo style bags and I am thrilled by how gorgeous the bag is when worn! (I actually first saw someone with a charcoal dot messenger at the mall and I've been lusting over this print ever since! LOL!) It doesn't feel as sturdy or well made as a FV (perhaps its just that the materials they are made of are different) but its quite a bit less expensive and a lot more trendy. Plus FV doesn't make a hobo style which is a bummer...
Yes, I defintely think you would love the OiOi hobo! I totally recommend the charcoal dot print! I'm kind of thinking of buying it in the tote style too... :) I bought mine directly from OiOi...I just emailed them and the girl who responded was so nice! Plus she emails back right away which is a major plus! She was able to find a hobo with pink lining for me although it is not yet available in the US. If I had ordered it from their main location in Australia (the only place it is available) it would have been $51 to ship! Instead, she offered me a bag they had used as a sample in a show (in perfect brand new condition!) for 25% off and only $11 for priority shipping. I think they are definitely worth emailing if you're wanting to buy one. There's also a girl on ebay who owns a boutique but sells OiOi (even seconds sometimes!) at decent prices. She sells her seconds for a great price...
Have fun shopping! Let us know what you decide on! :)

bluedeb
07-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the update. I will have to order one, I was debating, but now I think it'll be a good purchase. I am going to go for the Poppy print. I just think it's such a nice pattern and will look great with jeans. Do you mind me asking what the hobo cost from them directly? The sample you purchased? Thanks

glamourgirlpink
07-27-2006, 12:59 AM
The hobo is usually $100 but they gave me 25% off which made is $75 and then charged about $11 for USPS priority shipping. I was thrilled because I would have had to pay about $150 to get this bag otherwise (since it isn't available in the US yet and can only be ordered directly from Australia). I didn't mind it being a sample since it was brand new and not pre-owned and it came directly from OiOi so I knew it would be in good condition. The girl who examined the bag was very honest (she said there was a slight bend in it but I couldn't even see it after close examination) which I appreciated. Sometimes ebay can be a good deal but you don't always get things in the condition promised. I had no worries being that it was straight from OiOi.
Email them and see if they have anything...And please keep us posted as to what transpires! :) The poppy is gorgeous...I think it would go well with jeans or even a slightly more dressy outfit. I love it for summer! I'm kind of wanting the chocolate tweed for winter now... :)

Kearstenn
07-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello ladies!

I love the ST, but I'm TRYING to hold off until some fall patterns come out. (Or I may cave and get the black cord for winter). Anyway, back to the hobo...what do you think...the Charcoal dot or the new Brown Tweed? It looks like the Tweed might stand up a little better on it's own. Does anyone have that yet?

Thanks,
Kear

glamourgirlpink
07-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I just love the charcoal dot! It was my must have bag...The tweed will kind of be more of a winter bag if I do decide on it....The charcoal dot is so hip and stylish year round (great with denim and dressier wear) and I think its pretty easy to care for since the mircofiber appears to be waterproof and can be wiped clean...I'm not sure about how easy it may be to care for the tweed fabric...It is cute though! :)
Oooh...I love the black cord ST too! I only saw the black cord in a MS and it seemed like smudges and fingerprints showed up pretty well (I guess since its clear vinyl against a dark background) whereas the lighter pink color that I bought shows nothing whatsoever! :) I think the black cord might not really have that issue since its a smaller bag plus I always buy black bags since I wear a lot of dark colors...But then I might cave in and buy a pink choc ST too because I just love the colors...its a beautiful pale pink with a rich chocolate accent...
Let us know what you decide on! I love knowing about others shopping choices! :)

Kearstenn
07-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Style question...do you think I could get away with the Blue Chocolate ST through the winter in NY? Or too light?

glamourgirlpink
07-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Sure, why not? I kind of thought it reminded me of a cool icy blue. Plus the chocolate brown trim is a rich fall color and it lends it a bit more of a dressy touch that is usually required for the winter season. I don't live in NY but I would think that it would be a fresh welcome color compared to the darker, festive colors that people tend to wear during winter. But then again I've never lived anywhere with really drastic seasons! :) Just go for what you love because that's what counts! I wear a lot of black and a few lighter colors sometimes but I still went with the pink chocolate. I have maybe one or two pink skirts that match it, but I loved the colors so much that I just bought it anyway! Have fun with whatever you decide! :) Just think of how gorgeous the blue will be during spring!