PDA

View Full Version : Packabe owners - slider question

tela
07-22-2006, 08:15 AM
I just got my Packabe 2 weeks ago and last week one of the sliders fell off. The problem is, I don't know where it belongs. Right now there are two sliders. There is one at the top of each shoulder strap. Where does the third slider fit?

Also, I find the backpack very uncomfortable. The straps aren't padded well and the metal digs into my shoulders. Am I doing something wrong? I'm thinking of swapping it for a T&L.

audball
07-22-2006, 11:08 AM
You can go to their website (ju-ju-be.com) and they have a forum there called the Pink Room. A few of the posts allude specifically to the packabe sliders and there was a link with a detailed diagram of how the sliders go on. Honestly, I don't remember seeing a third slider, just the two that prevent the strap from slipping all the way through (particularly if you wear it over one shoulder).

Unfortunately, the packabes aren't known for being the most comfortable in backpack mode. They have released a new version of the straps that have new hardware (I think permanently placed) and a pad in shoulder-strap mode, but I think the layout of the straps is very similar to the way your current packabe is.

I have owned a couple of T&L backpacks and the shoulder straps are awesome! Just be aware that you trade some benefits for some shortcomings. The T&L backpacks are pretty bulky. Weight-wise, I think the two bags are similar, but as a short person, I looked a little silly wearing the T&L backpack, particularly when it was packed up full.