PDA

View Full Version : best small-ish diaper bag - ORGANIZATION

mommy2sam
07-23-2006, 11:23 PM
So tired of lugging my huge LE Do-It-All bag but love its multitude of pockets to keep 18mo DS's stuff (and mine) organized. I'm trying to determine online what bags might fit my needs...I am a medium packer, want lots of organizing features, and would like at least 1 bottle pocket large enough for a sippy cup. Would like to spend <$100 and if it could be somewhat cute that would be great too. Utilitarian look of LE and our other Eddie Bauer backpack are fine, but I like to show at least a little style, KWIM? Any recommendations?

turtlejd
07-24-2006, 02:18 PM
I have a Lexie Barnes Darling and it's a great medium sized bag. I use it with my 16 month old. There isn't a ton of organization, but it works. Inside there are two larger slip pockets for diapers and wipes and then three smaller pockets on the other side where I keep my things. I put DD's extra clothes, sweater, snacks, cooler, and a cosmetic bag of toiletries etc. in the middle. It's very stuffable. I can even shove my huge camera in there if I feel like it. On the outside there's two bottle pockets that can fit sippies. It's mesh with a drawstring so it can get larger or smaller. There are also two slip pockets on the front of the bag where you could stuff comething small and flat...I have Dd's tiny book and a pack of Kleenex. Also on the back there's a slip pocket for the changing pad. I use it all the time though I wish there was a mommy pocket, it works okay. I just use a wristlet and it fits fine. HTH! Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Joyce

DAKnits
07-24-2006, 05:14 PM
How about the Flerurville Sling Tote? I have both the Lexie Barnes Darling and the FV Sling Tote, and I find that the Sling Tote fits more than my Darling, and offers more organization. The FV Sling Tote has a mommy section and the Darling does not, which I really miss. Everyone has different preference though, and the Darling is also a great bag.

I carry the Sling Tote messenger style and the strap is the most comfortable of any of the bags I own. I have the Gold Flower print and it's gorgeous! They have lots of prints/colors to choose from.

HTH!

Tondi G
07-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Skip hop Dash?

http://www.skiphop.com/home.cgi

I am waiting for my Camo one to arrive!

~Tondi

ShanaMama
07-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Have you thought of the LE Little Tripper? My mom got it for me for *little trips* & I never got a bigger one. It looks tiny online, but it somehow always fits everything I need (not including a change of clothes if you're still doing that). Lots of little organizing pockets, & a parent pocket for keys, phone, etc.
You just have to be prepared that you'll have to take things out to find the stuff on the bottom. That can get annoying at times.

ETA: This is my first time on this forum, so I'm just browsing around. There's a thread further down this page with very detailed info & pro's & cons of the diff LE bags. Seems I'm not the only fan of the LT!

iujen94
07-27-2006, 08:53 AM
I love, love, love the Ju-Ju-Be Be Small. The name ("Be Small") is a little misleading because it really isn't that small of a bag. I have a 2 year old and 7 week old and this is my everyday bag for both. TONS of organization, pockets, etc. and very cute patterns and colors. The only downside is no outside bottle/drink pocket, but there is an insulated pocket on the inside designed to hold bottles and that will also hold a sippy cup.

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/besmall.html

They have new fall patterns out, but they are still sort of "hidden" on the website. You can find them at this link:

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/fall_2006_preview.html

I believe they are available the first of August.