PDA

View Full Version : Help! I am so confused!

seeks1
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi, I am a FTM and have no clue what diaper bag to get. My DS is 13 weeks now and I have been using a big purse to tote stuff around. It worked great for a long time because I didn't need much other than diapers, wipes, burp cloth and a clean onesie since I was BFing exclusively but now that I usually bring a bottle of BM and need to add toys to keep him entertained and his diapers and clothes are getting bigger I need more space but have no idea what bag to get.

When I was pregnant I looked at the SH Dash but didn't like it. Then I was going to get a Silver Line Fling so that my DH wouldn't mind carrying it. However, for Father's Day I bought him a Daddy Gear Messenger Bag for him to use since he has DS a lot now that he is in Day Care.

Sooo, now that I can get any bag I want and not worry about DH having to carry it, I don't know what to get! The thing I like about the purse I am carrying is that it has 3 seperate areas, two with snap closures and 1 zipper. Then 2 of those have extra pockets inside. I really like the organizational ability of it.

I am looking for something that has lots of pockets, that I can hang on my stroller which can just be a long messenger strap, not too big for just running around but plenty of room so I don't need a larger bag for day trips. I have looked at the Ju Ju Be bags, the OiOi bags, the Fleurvilles, the Lexie Barnes and a few more online but I can't find any in person.

What you would recommend??

tina-t
07-25-2006, 12:33 PM
How about the Storksak Gigi. It has the 3 compartments but I don't know about hanging it off the strollers.

http://www.storksak.com/det_gigi_choc_baby_bag.php

I have an Oioi hobo that I love right now. The organization is ok. It has one strap that is adjustable and you can hang this off the stroller.

http://www.mylittleducks.com/oioichardothobo.html

chubbycheeks
07-25-2006, 01:31 PM
If you like a tote style, I would recommend the Sling Tote. Call Felurville and get a second, they are about half price.

If you like messenger, I'd get a Darling.

Some people rave about the LeSportSac Everyday bag. I don't have one, but I do believe they have two seperate compartments. You can get them from the outlets too (listed on the website).

From the sounds of your post, though, I would try thr Sling Tote first. If you don't like vinyl covered bag (I'm not a fan) you can get black, green or silver ballistic. HTH a little!

glamourgirlpink
07-26-2006, 04:27 PM
I also love Fleurville bags and would totally recommend them! :) Although the mothership is a bit bigger, it is really great as it accomodates quite a bit which is very convenient if you need to pack more than just the basics (I use mine daily, even for short trips...I just love that I can toss everything I need in there). The sling tote is also a great option if you want something a tad bit smaller! I adore Fleurville bags beacuse they feel so well made, have a good amount of organization, and are easy to upkeep with the vinyl overlay. Plus I think the vinyl makes it shiny and pretty. :) Definitely worth the price! Like the previous person said, you can call FV to inquire about seconds, or buy a brand new perfect one at a great price off ebay!
The OiOi hobo is great if you're looking for more of a stylish, hip, purse type bag. It too accomodates a lot (its amazing that a hobo holds so much) and has a bunch of pockets. Its made of microfiber which is easy to wipe clean and seems to be waterproof (like my cherished FV!) and comes in the cutest styles and patterns! I know I kind of thought that the microfiber would be a bit softer (maybe like a Kate Spade bag) but when I received mine in the mail (I bought it online from OiOi) it was a bit stiffer than I had anticipated. Its fine though because its such a cute bag and so versatile! I can definitely see myself loving it for a long while (hopefully through the next couple of babies at least!).
I also live in an area where a lot of these awesome brands are not carried in very many stores. I've had to just rely on the opinions on others and have occasionally ordered a bag that I didn't really love IRL (like my Loom Marsupial...just because it was more rugged than I realized it would be). I'm seriously contemplating opening a boutique myself and carrying all of these bags for other moms like me! :) I also wanted to add that I saw the Jujube IRL and it is super cute! As an added note, I love girly but stylish bags and have a FV in pink chocolate and an OiOi in the charcoal dot print. I hope this might help just a bit! :)

seeks1
07-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks! I ordered a Black Cord ST second from Fleurville. It should come soon. I have seen the ST and the Motherships in person. Those are about the only ones I have seen.

I think for Christmas I might ask for JuJuBe Be All for a larger bag. I found the link to the new fabrics and changes they are making. I like that it will come with an adjustable strap and you can get stroller loops for it. The Motherships strap was just not the right length for me.

So I am excited to get my ST. Since it is black, it won't look diaper bagish so be more flexible for me. But I want the Be All in the great new blue floral! Very diaper bagish probably but so cute!! Then I should be all set, at least for a while!

Kearstenn
07-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi All!

I'm thinking about the Fleurville ST in Black Cord too...I'd love to hear your review when it comes in!

I have an OiOi Messenger question...I have a DS (2&1/2 - and in dipes) and am expecting in about 4 weeks with DS #2. We have family all over the state and frequently take day trips. Would the OiOi Messenger be a good option for this? I've pre-ordered the JuJuBe Packabe for running around town...and I'm hoping that's not too big! With two boys, I can't go to frilly (we're more sporty anyway), although I'm definetly not into a boring diaper bag either.

Ugh...didn't get this much into it with my 1st son! :) Now I'm totally obessesed!

Thanks,
Kear

bluedeb
07-27-2006, 04:07 PM
I have 2 boys and a girl and really like the Lexie Barnes Superstar. It's really great for more than 1 kid, especially a newborn.

Kearstenn
07-27-2006, 06:06 PM
I like the organization and feel of the Lexi Barnes Superstar...just feel like they are limited with their patterns. I've only seen 3 - and they're all flowery....

I need that type of bag with a stylish pattern...minus the flowers (with 2 boys...I just don't see it!)

:)

glamourgirlpink
07-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Oooh...I'm so jealous! I totally love the black cord ST! Yes, please post a review...I'd love to read it! By the way, what was the irregularity with the bag?

seeks1
07-28-2006, 09:09 AM
According to the woman on the phone,not much was wrong with the bag. The only thing she could find was what looked like something on it but she was rubbing it off with her finger so she thought it would come right off with a wet cloth. She thought maybe it had just been hanging around. I will let you kow what I find when I get it!

seeks1
08-01-2006, 03:28 PM
I just got my black cord seconds ST. It is in almost perfect condition. The plastic is a little scratched in one area but I really had to look for it.

It is not quite as cute as I thought it would be. A little more utilitarian looking. But for an everyday bag that goes with everything, it is perfect. I think I still plan on getting a bigger bag that is cuter and more girly also.

But I gotta say, Fleurville seconds are a great deal!!

saschalicks
08-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I have 2 boys and carry flowers all of the time. The bag is mine not theirs. On a side note I think the hobo would be more an everyday bag from what I've heard and the packabe would be an all day thing. I haven't seen either so I'm not sure. HTH