PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a cute, lightweight (nylon?) everyday bag to carry all my and 12 mo old dd's stuff. Recs?

jacquiro
07-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi. I'm looking for a cutish, light bag for everyday. I hate my diaper bag (Timi and Leslie- loved the style but way too heavy now) and since dd is older now, I don't need so much stuff. Lately I've been throwing all our stuff in an old Chapelier tote, but there's zero organization in there and everything's lost. I like the Un Apres Midi bags, but want to make sure they're comfortable enough to carry over my shoulder.
Any other recs?

suzhatch1
07-31-2006, 11:32 PM
There has been a lot of talk recently on BabyBags about the LeSportSac Everyday Deluxe & the Deluxe Messenger bags being used as diaper bags because they have good organization & are super light weight.

Even though I always think of the LSS bags as a throwback to the '80s, LOL!, I actually bought an Everyday Deluxe since all the talk had gotten to me, and it actually kinda impressed me. It was a little smaller than I wanted (but admittedly I'm an over packer & we CD our DD, so for a medium packer or for someone who uses disposible dipes, it would probably work fine).

I did a test pack at home & it's super lightweight, has 3 large compartments to keep things seperated and 2 front smaller zip pockets (1 of which holds a Nuby sippy cup just perfectly) ;) The shoulder strap is super easy to adjust & felt comfy worn messenger or just on the shoulder.

Suz :)

shindagrl
08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm in the market for the same thing. I used a Timbuk 2 Metro bag for our first daughter (read: very small) and loved it, but need something bigger once Baby J gets here soon. I was going to order a larger Timbuk 2 until I saw my co-worker's Baggallini.....very lightweight and versatile, and can be thrown in the washer if it gets dirty. They have tons of styles and colors, and I'm going for the Messenger bag.
http://www.shoebuy.com/sb/s.jsp/br_Baggallini/b_1-0.82907/p_2/st_121625/sbstl_285297

HTH!

turtlejd
08-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Hi there,
I was just looking at ebags for fun and came across this bag:

http://www.ebags.com/kenneth_cole_reaction/wrap_master_large_tote/product_detail/index.cfm?modelID=77209

I thought it might make a good diaper bag and it's made out of nylon and I think it looks cute. I haven't seen it in real life, but I just thought I'd share that it's a possibility if you want to go the not diaper bag route. HTH!

Joyce

jacquiro
08-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks so much for the recs...I appreciate it and will check them out.