PDA

View Full Version : Help with gift suggestion?

June Mommy
07-31-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm thinking of getting a nice diaper bag for a friend expecting her first child. She's registered for the plain black messenger at BRU. She's not really 'girly,' so I don't think she'd be into florals or prints or anything like that. Her DH will also have the baby at least one day a week after she goes back to work, so she would want something he would feel comfortable carrying too. I have a Sling Tote that I love, but I don't know if she would like the vinyl coating. Would one of the Skip Hops be a good option? I know she wouldn't be into having lots of different bags, so I'd like to find one that could be her only one. I haven't kept up with all the different kinds that are out now, since I love my ST. The Stork Sak mentioned above looks great, too. Any suggestions?

megs4413
08-09-2006, 10:48 AM
I think the skip hop dash would be perfect. Charcoal gray is a good option...there are other colors to choose from as well. I love my Dash and it's perfect for everyday use. You can wear it messenger style if you want and i like all the color options. it's pretty easy on the wallet as well. I got mine from Jen at expressivetoys.com. She was great to work with and i got a wonderful deal. HTH!

bubbaray
08-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Skip Hop Dash in denim would be my choice. LOVE LOVE LOVE mine (I also have the Dash in Pink Camo and the Duo in Red canvas -- the denim is much nicer).

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/fYrCm7.png

tina-t
08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Would she like a sling tote in one of the ballistic nylon fabrics - black or green? I don't have a skip hop but have heard good things about the dash. There is also the Jujube Be All (messenger bag) or packabe (backpack) which comes in a sporty stripes pattern that is coming out this month. It also comes in plain black or brown.

The Loom marsupial is also nice and structured. The outside pockets on both sides are awesome!

SammyeGail
08-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I have several diaper bags, and by far the SkipHop is my husbands favorite. I like it too, but I like my girly fabrics so I tend to use my Sling Tote or Darling.

We got Olive with orange trim. Its really cute.

Also, we had a problem with the first SkipHop (some velcro came unsewn) and they replaced the bag no questions asked. They have great customer service.

Samantha

bailey2bradenc
08-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Hello,

I dont know if you are interested or not, but I currently have a green ballistic sling tote I am selling. It is in excellent condition, only used a few times, changing pad never used. It has a brown interior.

I have it listed on babybags and for the weekend it is priced at $97, shipped, and you would also get a Diapee and Wipee.(retails around $15)

If you are interested, there are pics on babybags, or email me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Brenda