PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the OiOi messenger please!

glamourgirlpink
08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I adore my charcoal dot hobo and am thinking of adding the charcoal dot messenger to my collection too! I was curious to know what everyone thought of it first...Is it comparable in size to a FV Mothership? Or are there any helpful comments you could share?
I wasn't crazy about the hobo when it first arrived in the mail, but once I started to use it, I realized why I was so obsessed with it in the first place! :) It is so gorgeous (the charcoal dot and pink lining are such a fab combination...I actually look foward to going out just so that I can use this bag...so sad!) and it actually accomodates my overpacking tendencies! :) OiOi is now my all time favorite brand! Its so nice to finally find a brand I completely love after trying out other bags, only to be disappointed with some aspect of it... :)
Okay, enough rambling! Opinions please!!! :)

Lilysmom06
08-13-2006, 06:34 AM
I just received my OiOi messenger in the mail yesterday, and it is going back!!! First, the strap does not adjust, and the length is not comfortable for me,either over the shoulder or messenger style. The bag itself is pretty, but very boxy and stiff. It is big, but I am a FTM and tend to carry alot of stuff! It would all fit in here easily, but there are only 3 elasticized pockets (probably similar to the Hobo), and not enough organization. I just was not impressed. The color combination (Grey dot and pink lining!) was beautiful, but the rest of the bag just didn't work for me. Is the Hobo stiff as well?

I have been using a TUMI messenger I found on sale at TJMaxx (a pink color), and love it. Lots of pockets (I don't even use them all) and a very comfortable, adjustable strap. And its big enough for everything, but not too boxy. Hope this helps!

glamourgirlpink
08-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Sorry! Double post... :(

glamourgirlpink
08-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks for those great observations! The hobo isn't stiff and I absolutely love it...maybe I'll just try another hobo instead...
That's good to know about the TUMI bag too...Maybe I'll check out our local outlet! :)