PDA

View Full Version : OT New bag for me!

ppshah
08-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm looking for a new bag for me, now that DS is finally potty trained!
Any suggestions? I'm looking for something under a $100, since I tend to get bored with my bags after about 6 months. Something for fall. Outside pocket for easy acess to cell phone would be nice. Medium sized, so I could carry a few things for DS- bottle of water or crayons.

I ordered these bags:

http://www.zappos.com/images/724/7241685/985-261416-p.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/images/725/7256756/2249-289874-p.jpg

I'm not sure if I like them, I guess I will see what they look like in real life. I'm not sure if I like so much bling. Any other suggestions?

mattysmom
08-08-2006, 05:52 PM
I LOVE my Mini Sling tote - although it may be too "diaper-bagy" for you... It has good outside pockets including one that is lined and soft... plus good interior space for water bottles, snacks, etc. And the top zips up so you don't have to worry about stuff falling out...I'm embarrassed to say that I carry it as my purse even when I don't have a ds with me! It has been the best $$ spent on a bag - I'm hoping they come out with fun new fall/winter prints so I can buy another one!

lmintzer
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Those are pretty--and very stylish. Brass looks to be in this year, as is this shape and leather!

True, there is a bit of "bling factor," but it's tasteful and classy looking.

audball
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
I love bags from these guys, and it's not just because I live near them! Their non-leather collections are very reasonable and still have lots of practical pockets without screaming "Mommy!".

www.ellingtonleather.com

ebags have a nice selection from Tignanello, and usually on Sundays they run some kind of promo for 10% off/free shipping/20% discount.

Congrats on the potty-training! :)

patti_b
08-08-2006, 09:58 PM
What are the bags in the picture? They are really cute!

audball
08-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Hmm...you mean the ones on the ellington home page? I haven't seen the mojo they are advertising IRL, but if you go to the subsections, they have bags listed by style and by name.

ppshah
08-08-2006, 11:02 PM
If you meant from my original post, they are Kathy Van Zeeland. Ordered them from zappos.com I just got them today. The first one is quite big, I think too big, since I'm only 5'2". I will most likely keep the second one. The quality appears to be very good.

glamourgirlpink
08-09-2006, 03:38 AM
How about an OiOi hobo? They're pretty stylish yet very functional and low maintenance for toting around items for the little one! Plus they are such a great price...I simply adore mine! :)