PDA

View Full Version : Stroller - Airplane - What kind of bag do you put it in?

jennifer1143
08-09-2006, 02:29 PM
I am leaving on a trip on Friday - I have never flown with my little boy before. I think I will gate check my Zippy. Does the Zippy come with a bag? I can't find one with mine...Also, what kind of bag do you all use to protect your stroller? Thanks!

Jennifer

boys2enough
08-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Most people don't use a bag. You simply stroll all the way to the airplane door. Before you board the plane, you fold your stroller up and leave it right outside the plane where a door leads outside to a stair/ladder. The baggage handlers will come to take your stroller to the cargo area.

Don't forget to get a GATE CHECK tag for your stroller from the gate agent before boarding starts.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/chika/chirol_buha.gif

I am celebrating: just passed my "1000 posts" mark. Yipee!

lmintzer
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Here's the thing with bags: we tried this once with our Maclaren (put it in the bag at the ebd of the jetway). The airline workers get confused seeing bagged anything and will send them off to baggage claim. So we wound up having to walk to baggage claim without our stroller. Now we do not do any bagging when we gate check. I've never had anything bad happen to my strollers (we've gate checked the Techno and the P3).