PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide - please help

sloneta
08-20-2006, 05:16 PM
I am expecting my first any day now. I have received a couple of bags as gifts, but they are not at all what I am looking for. I want something on the larger size since newborns require so much, plus decent organization and a place to hold my stuff. We intend to breastfeed, but bottles will also be necessary. I have narrowed my choices down to the following:

Caden Lane Kalyn (the bowler style)
Dante Beatrix Tote
Reese Li Cambridge

Can anyone offer any opinions/advice?

Thanks!

Tara

audball
08-20-2006, 08:38 PM
You may want to try to do a search on the bags you just named in your post in the advanced search window. I know Caden Lane and Dante Beatrix have been discussed before.

I think it really depends on your style. I, personally, would wait and see what exactly you do end up carrying before getting a bag. While some bags have great organization, at times, if you have larger items, all those tiny pockets may not be the best option! :) The price range you are targeting seems on the higher end - so I would consider your bag an investment!

Some to consider, just based on size and good organization, in addition to your list:

1. Skip Hop Dash (dad-friendly, decent organization, great colors, functional and economical).
2. Posh Baby Ultimate Diaper Bag (lots of pockets, converts from messenger to backpack, pretty huge!)
3. JuJuBe Packabe or Be All (functional, cute prints, absolutely destruction-proof!)
4. OiOi Carry All or Hobo (light, roomy, but the hobo doesn't have great organization a the carry all)

sloneta
08-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have actually looked at all the ones you suggested and didn't like them. They are just not what I am looking for. As I said, I have narrowed it down to the three I mentioned above and am looking for input on those. Search didn't reveal anything with real substance about those bags in particular so I thought I would try again.

Kearstenn
08-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi there!

I totally understand your frustration. I'm having a very tough time finding a bag that really fits me. I just ordered the Caden Lane Kane (Blue Bowler version) today, so I'll send a review and pics if you'd like once it gets here.

I don't know anyone who has the other two...although, I seroiusly considered themself. Check out the yahoo babybag boards for a more reviews from moms! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags

BTW, I had the hobo and the dash for a day before sending back , or selling. I did keep the Packabe for taking my 3 year old to the park and picnics, b/c a like the new sporty stripes look. I also still have a new BeAll with tags, but I think once the Caden Lane gets here, I'll be selling that too...it's definitely functional, just not 100% me.

HTH!
Kim

sloneta
08-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Please post a review and pics once you get yours. I would love to get some feedback!

Thanks!