PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Double Duo

JustMare
08-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Any one have this? Haven't seen any reviews yet. It has tons of pockets wondering if there are too many.

bailey2bradenc
08-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Hello, there!

Yes, here on the boards and in the yahoo babybags forum, we have many reviews and talk about the wonderful Skip Hop bag named the Duo Double, aka, SHDD! I love mine and love to chat about it!! There are several ladies , especially on the BBB (BabyBags Board) that love theirs too!

Tell us a little more about yours needs and what you like. It does have a lot of pockets, but that is why I love it! How many are you packing for, and what else can you tell us?

Brenda

JustMare
08-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I currently have the original Skip Hop and have never taken it off my Techno from the day I bought it - I love it so much!

I'm planning on purchasing a Twin Techno and like the way the SHDD hangs off the handles. I'll be packing for a 3 year old toddler and infant at the time.

I've read a few comments on the bag at urbanbaby.com and some people just hate it. I can't see how - it looks very well layed out. But I don't have any other first hand user comments to go by. All my friends that are pregnant with their second are still using their original skip hops since they have either Jane Power Train strollers or Phil & Teds. I'm the only one interested in the Twin Techno (we travel alot).

Mare

PurpleDog
08-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I've got the SHDD and love it. I got it for air travel with my 1yo and 3yo and it worked fabulously. Quite organized. I had it packed for a long day in airports and planes AND had room in the bottom for three clear plastic bags I use (actually old Robeez bags) to pack food/spoons/bibs, small toys, and camera/electronics. For everyday use it's pretty big, but if it isn't stuffed isn't so bad to carry around and is so marvelously organized that I can't really bring myself to move down to something smaller. I use as a diaper bag/briefcase for work; plain old diaper bag for trolling around with the kids; and travel bag when we go anywhere.

bailey2bradenc
08-23-2006, 03:27 PM
As I said before, I love love my SHDD, actually I have 2 of them. The Stripe and the olive. I use my stripe one everyday, and the olive I use for extra- overnight or as a office bag.

I really love the colors in the stripe, and I am eagerly waiting on the new one coming out in the fall- I will probably get it too!!!
Can you tell how much I am in love with this bag?

My kids are 4 y.o. and my son will be 2 in Dec. I still pack a lot since I love to be prepared for anything. Anytime I try to downsize, it just isnt me. I take spare outfits, diapers, wipes, emergency kit in an Eagle creek sac, coloring books, miscl toys, cell, wallet, 2 sippys, etc.

It is so organized, which is hard to find in a bag. I used the One Step Ahead bags, especially the backpacks, for a long time. I still use the urban, but love the style of this SHDD. I wanted something other than a backpack. These bags are great all around bags, even after potty training. I will have them a long time.

HTH,
Brenda

ribbit1019
08-24-2006, 01:24 PM
I just love my SHDD. I bought the Stripe (thank you Brenda!) and I use it everyday.

I love how organized it is, I love that I can see everything without digging around in the bag, I am a serious overpacker and this bag zips up and you can't even tell! I never had a Skip Hop, but when I bought a double stroller knew that I would have to try this bag out. I use it everyday if I am going out with both kids. It is a wonderful bag and I highly recommend it!

Christy
My Waterbabies
http://b3.lilypie.com/uVw3m4/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/tbvhm4/.png
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/172x/6.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

mommato2boys
08-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I have one and love mine!!! I am a major overpacker and love that you can put tons in this bag, still stay organized and it isn't bulky. I highly recommend it!!!!