PDA

View Full Version : Who can tell me about DadGear or Daisy by DadGear bags

amp
08-31-2006, 03:41 PM
If anyone has or has seen the DadGear or Daisy dadgear bags, particularly messenger or sport bag, can you please tell me about them?

How much do they hold?
Enough space for the gear of 2 kiddos? (dipes, snacks, etc)
Does it stand up or tip over?
Well organized?
Do you love it? Hate it?

Thanks!

Laundraholic
09-01-2006, 07:30 PM
I had the Dadgear Messenger and I ended up selling it on craigslist because it didn't work very well for me.
It was extremely large and the strap was kind of awkward. The way they designed the strap was so you HAD to wear it messenger style... you couldn't just fling it over one shoulder and go.

I'm a bit of a heavy packer and although it was quite large (think slightly larger than a Mothership, but less than half the width of one)... it was very narrow and not too stuffable. The idea of having the wipes container "pocket" at the front sounded good, but it made the bag very front-heavy so it would tip.
Actually the only wipes container that actually fit was the soft disposable Huggies one... the hard-case refillable Huggies and Pampers wipes containers just didn't fit in the window... and if you didn't use the window then you ended up with a big "hole" in the bag.

They also advertise the fact that the front flap is removable and is only attached to the top by velcro -- IMO it didn't really make sense...

amp
09-09-2006, 06:48 AM
Thank you very much for replying! You addressed some of the things that concern me, so I am glad I asked and will hold off on this bag. Again, thanks!