PDA

View Full Version : Stroller bag---Skip hop dash or expo?

erinb
09-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Hello--
I have a 6 month old son and am in need of a stroller bag. I am impressed with the board's comments on the skip hops. I am looking for a light weight bag that can still carry the usuals. Easy access is a must. Any comments on the dash vs. the expo? Thanks for your help. --erin :-)

SammyeGail
09-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi! I had an Expo and the velcro started coming usewn and sent it back to SkipHop for a Dash, so I've had both! I like the Dash's pockets so much better, I like everything about it but the flap over, but I am not a 'flap' person :).

What I didn't like about the Expo was: Everything. Seriously, the expandable part became a black hole. With the top being smaller than the expanded part, it was hard to get to things, and anything smallish (just a ziploc bag of pacis) fell to the bottom. And it seemed to take up room when zipped closed. That was my experience, and the reason I swapped it for something else when mine defected. SkipHop does have great service, they replaced the bag with no problems, which is a plus for SkipHop.

IMO, its a heavier bag. If you want a lightweight bag, look into a Lexie Barnes, probably a Darling model. I have one of those too and its my favorite.

See what others have to say, and if you want more info on Lexie Barnes bags, I will be more than happy to tell you more about them. They do come in patterns, so if you're looking for a solid color, they wouldn't work.

Good luck and my advice for a SkipHop, get the Dash!!!

Samantha

erinb
09-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Thanks. You were very helpful. Perhaps the Lexie Barnes...But thanks for clearing up the SkipHop quandry. Now I'll look into the Lexie. Ahh choices, choices .... :)Thanks, Erin

SammyeGail
09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I think Lexie Barnes may be coming out with new patterns soon if you don't love any of the current ones. Where ever you purchase, ask about deals, let me know what you're given and I can let you know if its good or direct you to some good ones : ).

Samantha

erinb
09-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks Samantha. I found a deal for the darling bag dutch treat $85 free shipping at www.sophiebags.com. Does that sound good? I called lexie barnes and they said they don't have an exact date for the fall line as of yet. I appreciate all your help.

Erin

SammyeGail
09-13-2006, 03:39 PM
I think thats pretty good!! I knew a place that had %25 off purchases, but free shipping was on $75 or more, so you might have had to buy something else. Her sale ended yesterday and she only has the Makiko left anyway. I just saw another place offering 20% off with free shipping, all this is on the yahoo baby bag sell swap and trade, if you want the link to the group, I'd be glad to give it to you!

Samantha