PDA

View Full Version : Extra-Large Diaper Bag Needed

Tiare
09-17-2006, 01:04 AM
OK, I am asking the experts... I have a three year old (yes, still in pull up diapers and wipes) and in need of carrying Epi-pens and Benedryl at all times along with sunscreen, hat snacks, juice, etc., and I am about to have a new baby - I am searching for the largest diaper bag around. Oh yeah, stylish would be great too. I carried a Kate Spade Messenger bag with my daughter - and although it was a good size, I tend to pack for any and all scenarios and often felt it was always a tight fit with extra clothes, recieving blankets, snacks, juice etc. Any ideas? Thanks so much!! Also, loved that the Kate Spade had a long enough strap to go around my stroller handles and opened up wide for easy access.

julieakc
09-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Posh Ultimate Diaper Bag and the Lexie Barnes Superstar are the two that come to mind if you want something really large. I have the Posh and it is my all day out bag when I need to carry tons of stuff...I really like it. It can be worn messenger style of backpack, which is nice, and has great organization. Downside is it's pricey.

tina-t
09-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi, I have a 3 yo plus a 2 month old. We are using the Lexie Barnes Superstar and it fits my needs. I don't have the Posh Baby ultimate diaper bag but I heard it is quite big but on the pricey side.

Some ladies have used the Overland Prosport - not a diaper bag per se but can function as one. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/10902421/c/62717.html

audball
09-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Hands down, the biggest bag I've seen is the Posh Baby Ultimate (unless you want to go the route of a non-diaper bag - then I would consider a Timbuk2 Medium or Large Messenger. But there's hardly any organization for baby stuff in those bags). She is having a sale on some of her old patterns too!

http://www.poshbaby.com/posh_bags.html#ultimatediaperbags

mommato2boys
09-17-2006, 03:54 PM
I am an overpacker, and the best diaper bag I have found for me, was the skip hop double duo..it holds a lot when packed right and yet doesn't seem or feel bulky.

bailey2bradenc
09-17-2006, 07:29 PM
I use a Skip Hop Duo Double everyday. I have the Uptown Stripe and it really is stylish and hip! The organization is so great!!! Lots of room! If you are like me, you like to be prepared, and this bag lets you, with room to boot!! You will love it!!!

Also, they are coming out with a new pattern in October. It is brown background with blue, pink, and red as the major colors. You can find pics on the BBB.(BabyBags Board- a yahoo group), and I am posting an attachment of a pic here.

Let us know what you decide!!!

Brenda

Tiare
09-18-2006, 04:40 PM
OK, those are some GREAT choices - I now have some research to do! Thank you all for your helpful feedback!!! Any more recommendations, please let me know.

glamourgirlpink
09-19-2006, 04:15 AM
I know its not everyone's favorite, but I just love the OiOi carry all. I tend to like more handbag style diaper bags that are stylish and don't have that real diaper bag look. I'm also not a huge fan of messenger style bags (I'm probably the only one!LOL!) and prefer totes or shoulder bags. I pack for one but also like to be prepared for everything. I use an OiOi hobo for everyday outings and the carry all for long days out or when traveling. They are extremely well made, fashionable, have a great amount of space, and look hip even when I use them when my dd isn't with me. They have fun diaper bag type prints, but also a variety of solid and more classic patterns. I totally think that huge oversized bags are so glam. Though I've not seen them IRL, Maria Bossi has an adorable large shoulder bag that is very stylish as well.
Everyone varies with what they love and what works for them. You might want to just go to a boutique and try a few on! :) Have fun shopping!

melbb
09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
I like my JuJuBe Packabe. It can be worn shoulder/messenger/backpack. It has good organization. It isn't quite as big as the Posh Baby Ultimate, but it costs significantly less. I also just got a Timi and Leslie backpack. It is larger than the JuJuBe (and I think maybe larger than Posh). I have not used it yet, but it is cute and I got it for a good price from another Mom.