PDA

View Full Version : New here - opinions on PPB sturdiness & functionality?

melissaea
09-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi there, I just bought a PPB shoulder bag for a great price (Nordstrom Rack has discontinued styles for $99!). However, it just seems so "delicate" to me. I am scared to use it.

Everyone loves them because they look so cute, but I'm wondering if anyone has the shoulder bag & loves it because it works well? I really want something that will function and that I will have an easy time with.

My first complaint/question is about the top. Its got two "flaps" of fabic that zip together at the top, but you need to physically sure them up befor you can zip them (they need to be connected each time you want to close the bag). Does this bother anyone? I can see myself not bother to zip up the bag at all because of this.

Thanks for any insight. I want a cute bag and one big enough for cloth dipes, but don't want to sacrifice function for style.

turtlejd
09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
I used my PPB shoulder bag for the first six months with my DD. I fell in love with it when I was pregnant and my cousin bought it for me for a birthday present. I really liked the bag when DD was younger. I liked the front area with the changing pad and having everything for diapering just open up so easily. The main comparment is huge, though lacking in organization, it worked for me. I couldn't even figure out what to put in the one bottle pocket. I also really liked the back zippered pocket. That I used as my mommy pocket and the little slip pockets in the back were nice for tissue or a small toy or something you just needed to slip in. The cell phone holder was also another plus.

The bag hold a lot, and it worked really well for me and still does when I need to pack a lot. I used it for everything when I had it, I even used it as a swim bag. My bag looks like it's been used, but it still looks beautiful. I give it a little "haircut" every now and then to make it look not so frayed.

The top didn't really bother me. If I really couldn't use both hands, I could just leave it unzipped or if you need to grab something small, you could just stick your hand in the side.

It was also quite comfortable to carry considering its size. It's a nice light bag that I think is made well, but it is a delicate material. For the price you got it at, I think you should just use it and enjoy it. If it looks worn after awhile it will have been loved. My bag's a light green color and I'm not super careful and it still get compliments on it.

The main reason I don't use it much anymore is that it's too big for me with a toddler. Those are my long thoughts on my PPB shoulder bag. :) HTH!

Joyce

melissaea
09-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Thank you! I needed a secod opinion. I love the looks of it, but hadn't really looked at others out there. When I started looking, some of the canvas washable ones just seemed so much more "practical" so I started having second thoughts about the cute one.

Agreed about it becoming too big after the infant stage, so then I figured it would be good as an overnight bag for a toddler (I always need reasons to justify expenses). My husband thinks I should keep it since its so adorable & he knows how I am with purses =-)

And for $100, even 6 months of use and occassional overnight use is totally practical, eh?

magentasageviolet
09-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi there-

Just wanted to put my two cents in as well.

I love my PPB Shoulder bag and agree with the PP about size and function. The zipper opening never really bothered me too much.

Another thing that I loved about this bag, though, was how easily I could throw it over the handlebars of my stroller and go. For day trips at amusement parks and such I still use it because the large size allows for all day packing and ease of use is wonderful.

You mentioned a more "practical" bag and that is exactly what I have for the swim lesson/ beach type trips that put my bag at more risk of getting dirty.

Hope that is helpful. Excellent deal on your bag. Enjoy!

- Cindi