PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to clean stains on Skip Hop (spilled drinks)

american_mama
09-18-2006, 12:35 AM
I got a used Skip Hop for $8 at a consignment sale, but tbag is light blue and has yellowish water stains on the bottom, like a drink spilled. What do people suggest for how to wash it? Can I throw it in the washing machine? Can I spot apply bleach without bleaching the color out too?

Momof3Labs
09-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Throw it in the washing machine. I was very happy with how well mine washed up! If the stains remain, then try some Shout or Zout (I wouldn't try bleach).

kep
09-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow! You threw your Skip Hop in the washer? I had no idea! :) We also have the light blue color, and our is always getting dirty just from use. (It's not even from spilled drinks or anything, just day-to-day dirtiness.) I will definatly try that.

Kelli
Proud Mommy to Lukey
And a new baby due Christmas Eve, 2006

http://bd.lilypie.com/8dPKm4/.png

shburks
09-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I also have the light blue one and it's been washed at least three times. It comes out looking beautiful every time! The Skip Hop site says you can wash it (not the denim or cord though), and I called and talked to them just to make sure. Mine always gets a little gruny on the bottom (from being set down!) and occasionally on the front pockets. I spray a little Spray and Wash on the dirty spots and through it in on gentle cycle with some other soft items (towels or something)!

Susan

Canna
09-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Oh good! We have a light grey SH that got spilled on and I've been afraid to wash it. But it's really in need of washing. Now I'll do it!

Katra1
09-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I threw mine in the washing machine, and it came out great.

clc053103
09-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Another light blue SH here- I also used spray and wash on the bottom and threw it in the wash. Comes out like new!