PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed - bag for 3 under 3!

asmith130
09-25-2006, 06:24 AM
My DD1 will be 2.5yo & dd2 will be 18mo old when #3 comes along in a
few months. I'm obsessing about what bag I need!

For the 2 girls, I'm a very light packer - with room to spare in my
Darling. But add in a newborn in the winter and I'll need all kinds of things...change of clothes, burp cloths, blanket. Plus DD1 may be
potty training soon so I'll need a change of clothes for her perhaps.

My questions are:
1) Realistically, will I ever leave the house again? LOL!

2) What bag do you recommend? I'm looking at the Skip Hop Double. What do you think? Is the double very uncomfortable to wear as a tote? Do the straps dig into your shoulder? Is it HUGE??

3) For church or other events where DDs go to their own class, what to do? Then I'll only have the baby with me and won't need a huge bag possibly? Should I get a Dash for those days?

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!!!! for any advice,
Amy

mommato2boys
09-25-2006, 03:39 PM
First of all, I have the double duo one and LOVE it!!!! I think it holds a lot without feeling bulky. A bag for three?? Maybe, with some very good packing, I think you would be fine. I find it a very good bag, very well laid out. And super easy to carry. It carrys nicely on the shoulder or by the hand straps.

I would maybe get the Dash and put some EXTRA diapers, extra wipes, and extra clothes that you may need it in....and keep it in the car or take it out when you only have your older ones. I always keep extra stuff in my car....you just never know. I even keep a change of clothes in the car for my six year old....not for "accidents" per say but for when he goes with daddy and gets to dirty or wet (we are in the construction business so sometimes he gets to muddy.)

sophiesmom
09-25-2006, 07:04 PM
I have 3 kids and have tried a few diaper bags over the past several months..

1. Yes you will leave the house again, but it won't be fun! ha ha!

2. I have tried the Vera Bradley Baby Bag (not organized enough for me), Lands End DIA (old style-was ok but bulky), and the one I seem to like the most so far is one I got at Target. The layout is perfect for me w/ 3 kids. It's about $30, it's a light tan faux suede w/ a burgundy design on the front. It has a flap, and under it 3 sections. the front section (no zipper, but has something in it that helps it stay closed) I use for snacks, first aid, my stuff, it's a large opening and has a zippered part in it too.

The middle part (zipper) is biggest, has 2 deep pockets for diaps and wipes, 2 bottle pockets, in this section i keep all the baby's stuff.

The 3rd section is in the back (like the one in the front but no inside zipper) and i keep a light change of clothes for both kids (ususally underpants each, a unisex shirt/ shorts and potty covers. The back has a flap for a nice yet compact changing pad it comes w/, and 2 side pockets for sippys (holds average size ones and water bottles). The strap is adjustable so hangs great on the stroller.

The inside is burgundy in all sections. With this set up, I think the Lands End triple compartment backpack would work well too. A lot of people like the SHDD, but I haven't seen that IRL.

3. The above Target bag isn't overly huge (is bigger than dash) so you could use w/ just the baby, but i also have a Vera Carry All I like to use w/ just the baby, so a Dash or a Dash knock off (walmart has a cute one!) would work nice. I'm just bad w/ switching things back and forth between bags.

HTH! Good luck!
Stephanie