PDA

View Full Version : Small backpack search

betsydenny
10-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi all,
I love the Overland Donner bag you all recommended more than a year ago. However, now that DS is out of his Ergo and either in the stroller or sprinting down the street, it would be easier to deal with a backpack.

I have a Kelty backpack (that came with our big frame pack) which is about the right size (as is the Donner)(definitely no bigger than either of those) but is fairly beat up and it would be nice to find something more fun. Plus I am now used to and love all the little compartments in the front of the Donner- the big open pockets in my Kelty are driving me nuts.

Personal preference-wise- I love the Overland colors and patterns and am generally not a flowery/silk/fancy bag person. I want to be able to use this bag and not worry about it.

So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!
Betsy

denna
10-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Have you seen the OiOi Backpacks www.babyoliver.com has a pretty good selection. I was actually looking for a messenger type bag but after seeing these I think I might get this.

turtlejd
10-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I just bouth the Nikole Day bag from REI. Here's the link:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47934424&parent_category_rn=40003646&vcat=REI_SEARCH

On the website there's pictures of it in use and on the inside. It fits more than the Overland Donner, but it's pretty compact. It also has a lot of pockets! The main comparment has an organizer in the back as well as two mesh pockets for bottles or sippies on the side. The two side outside pockets can fit sippies and the two smaller ones in the front can hold a cell phone or keys or sunglasses. There's a zipper pocket on the front that comfortably fits 3 size 3 diapers and a changing pad if you want and then there's a back zippered pocket where you can put your wallet. The bag is also padded a bit so you don't feel the wallet pushing on your back.

If you'd like I can post pictures of it. Let me know!

:),
Joyce

samantha546
10-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I would suggest the OiOi Quilted Backpack. It's got a lot of organization and VERY sleek. I've gotten compliments from women who don't even know it's a diaper bag. I tried to sell ours because I have "too many" bags but ended up keeping it because it was so handy when we're traveling and I wasn't willing to let it go at a steal :-/