PDA

View Full Version : is the ST in chocolate ogo gender nuetral?

rochelsmommy
10-12-2006, 04:33 PM
i don't know what i'm having, but i also want it to last for my next kid too, so which Sling tote is not too girly or boyish? i will prob. use it more like a purse than my other bags, so i want it to be pretty too.

what do you think? is this a good print for what i mentioned?

also, any idea which shopping cart covers might sort of match to this print?

thanks
Chani

edited to add: what about the the kozypal cart cover in espresso ironworks?
http://www.kozypalcartcovers.com/photogallery/gallery.html

nfowife
10-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, since you are the one carrying the diaper bag, why not get something you like that matches your clothes and such? I have the original ogo (turqoise, green, black, white) and love it. Since my DD and future DS will not be holding my bag, I don't worry if it matches them, just me :) .
I think of my diaper bag like my purse, it's an accessory for me that holds the necessities for them!

jillmk
10-14-2006, 07:09 PM
I agree--get what YOU like! You're baby won't care at all what color it is. :-) I do love the chocolate though, and wish it had been available a few months ago when I bought my Sling tote!

SammyeGail
10-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I had an Ogo solid ST, is was very, very pretty. I used it once or twice and sold it. I was deathly afraid of staining the light interior.

I think it would definately be gender neutral, I have twin boys and it didn't bother me at all, at the time I was very non-pink, non-flowers, non-feminine patterns.

Right now I have a Mini Mothership in Mixed Pink Bingo and LOVE it!! It has the most comfortable sholder strap I have ever had on any bag. Its only a tad bigger than the ST, not overwhelmingly big like the regular MS. If I could have chose a pattern I would have most likely gotten something else, but is was in FVs seconds-but nothing was wrong with it, it had just been used as a display in a trade show. At least the flap is orange, its one of my favorite colors : ).

I say go for it, it is a beautiful print.

Samantha

bubbaray
10-14-2006, 11:00 PM
How did you find their seconds???

TIA
Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

rochelsmommy
10-16-2006, 02:54 PM
thanks for the replies everyone!
i finally got around to calling fluerville for seconds. at first they told me they didn't have any ST's in choc. ogo, i was so dissapointed.
but then she went to check again and found one!!! and it barely has anything wrong with it. just a scratch on one corner.
so it's coming in the mail now. yay!

i never had a fancy diaper bag with my first. i just used the lands end bags which are great for function but not very stylish.

the thing about the sling tote i love is that it can be used 3 ways. the stroller rings are the only way it'll fit on my rock star (and i'm hoping not slide all around like one big handle would).
the tote handles seem easy to use.
i've never worn a messenger bag, but it seems like a good idea when using a baby bjorn since i wont have a stroller to hang the bag off of.

has this worked for anyone? can you use the sling tote as a messenger bag and have baby in a carrier?

thanks for the help e/o
Chani

bubbaray
10-16-2006, 03:55 PM
I just called and I think my ST is in the mail too -- thanks for posting this. I've known about their seconds for a while now, but just always been too lazy to figure out how to go about getting one!!

:)

Can't wait!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png