PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference bewteen Skip-Hop Duo and Dash?

daisymommy
10-15-2006, 09:42 PM
I guess the question says it all :) Is the difference in Size? Style? both?
And can the Double be used on a single stroller, or is it to wide? I'm such an overpacker, it looked nice and roomy to me!

bubbaray
10-15-2006, 10:32 PM
You ask about three different bags: The Duo, the Dash and the Duo Double.

The Duo Double is for double strollers. The Duo and Dash are for single strollers. All three are quite different. Check out the skiphop.com website for great photos and explanations.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

bailey2bradenc
10-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Although the Double is made for double side by side strollers, it can be used with a single stroller if if has a way to hook the straps. You just have to be sure the weight is not too much, or when the baby is removed from the stroller, it could tip.

Brenda

chrissyhowie
10-16-2006, 08:40 AM
If you are an overpacker, the Duo will be WAY too small for you. The Dash is definitely better for two kids, but I am a pretty minimal packer and it almost too small for me (but I still have two in diapers).

The Double is very roomy -- think weekend bag size versus large diaper bag size. It is definitely designed to be hung from a side-by-side double. I'm not sure how well it would work from a single. It could be done, but I think it would hang funny and off balance (sagging in the middle).

These days I am finding a prefer a zip-style tote bag to hold all the loose odds and ends for the kiddos in there (ie: hats, gloves, snacks, etc.), with an organized small bag thrown in there filled with the diapering essentials to grab when that is needed.

HTH,

daisymommy
10-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Sorry to be so confusing :)

I am looking for something just for mall shopping with my P3, not long day trips, so I don't need a really large bag. Just enough room for diapers & wipes, burp cloth, wallet, phone...basic essentials. So I wasn't sure if the Duo or Dash would be best.

BUT that said, I figure if the Double would work on my stroller (which it sounds like it wouldn't)--then it could be my everyday bag as well as a stroller bag (rather than getting a bag just for mall shopping).
ETA: I just went to the Skip-Hop website...didn't know there was one, so thanks! And geez, that Double is HUGE! I don't need one that big :)

bubbaray
10-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I use my Duo for the purpose you describe.... Between the Dash and Duo, the Duo has a better "mommy" cup holder -- it holds a Starbucks decaf Grande no whip Mocha frappucino. The Duo is particularly nice with a P3, which has to have the world's worst cupholder.

My vote is to get both the Duo and the Dash! :)

HTH

Melissa

bailey2bradenc
10-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Melissa,

Whats with the "no whip" idea? Come on, go for it girl!!!! LOL!!!!

You could also do what I did, and get a Double for the times you want to bring everything but the diaper genie, and 2 Dashes for the times you want a smaller bag, but couldnt decide between the Uptown stripe and the chocolate, and ( I dont have a duo because I read reviews that it just wasnt laid out as well and as organized as the Dash,) but if you like the duo, get it and try it too!!!! Hey, it is just money, right!?

Brenda

bubbaray
10-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah yeah -- OK, twist my arm! Once, they put whip on it by accident and were all apologizing. Uh, OK.

I don't have the Double, but I couldn't decide between the denim Dash and the Pink Camo Dash, so I do have both of those, plus the red canvas Duo.

I prefer the Duo as a true stroller bag, but the Dash as a diaper bag that can hang on the stroller if I need it to.

Great. Now I'm craving a frappucino....

Melissa