PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need/want a shoulder style bag bigger than LE LT but not huge...

elephantmeg
10-16-2006, 08:43 PM
I recieved 2 diaper bags as shower presents that I've been using, one is a totes diaper bag which I can't seem to find a picture of online, the other a small child's backpack type thing which I used for a while. And I bought a really big Eddie Bower one at Target which is huge (15 inches length x 13 inches width x 3 inches height). I think it's essentially this one in a different fabric.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/601-9173725-8013718?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000E1RK0S
Now that it's winter and DS has started solids neither have enough room/I'm suffering from burried treasure syndrome. So I ordered a LE LT which came today and while it is better organized it still is too small.

Specs I'd like:
1) HAS to have an outside pocket for a water bottle for me
2) Be able to hold:2-3 disposable diapers, 1-2 prefolds/bumgeniouses, 1 prefold cover, travel wipes container, 1 tall Dr Brown bottle, 1 extra outfit, a sweatshirt and a large (homemade) recieving blanket, a couple toys and a jar of baby food/small container of snacks/small big and spoon...plus a few smaller items such as purell, diaper cream etc.
3) Be under $50
4) Have good organizational features.

I have read and looked and looked and read and am still unsure of what to get. Any ideas?

TIA!

bubbaray
10-16-2006, 10:47 PM
I've rarely purchased a diaper bag for need, this is such a foreign concept to me....

Anyway, have you checked out Lori's thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=31000&mode=full&page=

You might get some ideas there.

Honestly, for what you are packing, I'd recommend a Skip Hop Dash. That's waaaaay more than I can pack in my LE LT. The Dash is a little over your price limit. You could check out the Baby Bags yahoogroup. The LL Bean diaper bag, which is discontinued would work too. It is the exact same bag as their large touring tote, except it d/n come with a change pad (no biggie, lots of people here never use them anyway, in favor of disposable change pads).

Good luck!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

suzhatch1
10-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Depending upon what kind of style you are looking for, maybe try the Overland Noho or the Lexie Barnes Darling. Both sound like they might fit what you are looking for & are slightly bigger than the LE, but not huge.

Also, like the PP mentioned, the SH Dash would work too. :)

I found the Overland Noho on zappos.com w/free shipping & free returns in the Paprika color for $47.99. (I think the other colors are more expensive).

The LB & the Dash are a bit over $50, but again, like PP mentioned you can try the Yahoo BabyBags Swap board or other Mama swaps!

HTH!
Suz :)
Yahoo BabyBags Moderator

elephantmeg
10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
OK, after more research I've now ordered a skip hop dash in uptown stripe from 3 little ducks with the 10% off coupon! Thanks everyone! For some reason I hadn't researched the SHD well enough, thanks to everyone who posted detailed pictures in earlier threads. I think it will work great and I love that print!