PDA

View Full Version : Oi oi hobo questions

June Mommy
10-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of an Oi oi hobo being used in real life? Like, how it actually looks being carried? I'm trying to make a decision! I have a Sling Tote currently that I love, but I need to downsize since my DS is almost 2 1/2 and I don't need to carry as much. I know the hobo isn't smaller than the ST, but I just fell in love with it, so I'd like to see if it would really work for me, or if I just need to keep looking for a smaller bag.

If anyone has any pics comparing the hobo to the ST I would be forever grateful! I thought I had remembered seeing some comparison pics, but I couldn't find them in a search.

Those of you who have one, I have some questions. I usually carry a sippy cup, 2-3 diapers, wipes case and changing mat (Fleurville), a change of clothes, small items like hand sanitizer and a pack of clorox wipes and other things that could probably be left out. I love the inside bottle holder on the ST. Would the inside bottle holder on the hobo hold a sippy cup (we usually carry straw cups.) I also carry my 'mommy things' in the outside pocket of my ST: Wristlet, keys, phone, sunglasses, sometimes a coupon holder or checkbook. I like carrying only one bag, so could I use the Hobo as my bag, too? Finally, I prefer a shoulder tote to messenger, and like that I can hook the ST to my stroller. Can the hobo be comfortably carried as a shoulder bag (I'm short!) and hung over a bar-type stroller handle?

The logical answer for me is the mini ST, but I'm not in love with any of the prints. I've also thought about the PPB Toddler Tote or a Kate Spade Victoria bag. Briefly contemplated the SL Swagg but I'm not a backpack/messenger type.

turtlejd
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi there,

There's a picture of someone carrying the OiOi Hobo at babycenter. Here's the link:
http://store.babycenter.com/product/gear/diaper_bags/9304?intcmp=&stage=

The inside slip pockets can hold a sippy cup or straw cup. They're elastic pockets and they're not as stiff as the fleurville ones since they're made out of nylon (I think). The strap is super adjustable so it hooks over the stoller easily and you can shorten the strap quite a lot to carry it on the shoulder. All that you want to carry will definitely fit in the Hobo. There's no mommy pocket if you wanted a specific place to put your things, or you could use one of the inside elastic pockets.

Here's a picture I had of four different bags so you can sort of see how they compare in size.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/turtlejd/20060718_170.jpg

The pictures taken a bit at an angle though so the Hobo may appear a little smaller than it really is.

HTH!

Joyce

nfowife
10-17-2006, 04:19 PM
I use the mini ST currently, and am going back to a hobo when I have #2. The hobo is definitley larger and more stuffable than the mini ST. I would say interior wise it has as much room as the regular ST. But it is more slouchy so it doesn't seem so huge. It does stand on its own and has feet but the top will slouch down as you can see in the above picture. I really like the hobo! If you do a search in this forum I have posted pics of the interior before. Not the best/most pockest inside, but plenty for my needs.

MomtoAveryAndCamryn
10-18-2006, 08:20 AM
What is the purple bag??

turtlejd
10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
The purple bag's an Overland Donner from REI. It's not a diaper bag, but it works great as a quick trip bag and has two hidden side bottle pockets.

Joyce

MomtoAveryAndCamryn
10-19-2006, 07:36 PM
It's really cute..I love purple