PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Sling Tote Rave! Chocolate Ogo

bubbaray
10-19-2006, 08:42 PM
I just got my Fleurville Sling Tote in Chocolate Ogo today. I ordered a second directly from Fleurville on Monday (late in the day). It shipped Tuesday and arrived Wednesday, I picked it up today.

WOW! CUTE CUTE CUTE bag!! I love the print. I'm not a huge brown fan, but the print with the purple, green and beige is really nice.

The first thing I noticed is that it is significantly lighter than the Mothership I had way back when. I think they changed the vinyl?? It is definitely lighter in weight.

I moved stuff from my Dash (which wasn't stuffed) and everything fit, even though the ST seems smaller than the Dash. I wish there was an external bottle holder of some sort, because I don't really need the bulky insulated one on the inside. But, the bottle holder is well-designed and removeable (it wasn't removeable on the old Motherships, so if something spilt, ewwww). The key fob is an accessible place (at the top of the bag, so that if you had it zipped closed, you could still access your keys.

The mommy pocket has 2 fleece lined pockets for cell phones, iPods, etc. No pen holders. A zippered pocket (which is where I've attached the stroller D rings for now).

I really like that there is no velcro (there is a top zipper and magnetic clasps on the front and back pockets). I've never been one for vinyl-covered bags, mainly because the Mothership I had briefly (before I sold it on Babybags) was sooooo heavy, even when empty. This bag may change my mind! I could definitely see buying a matching wristlet or escape pod (but I think only the wristlet comes in the chocolate ogo).

The bag stands by itself easily. The Dash does, but once packed, it often is tippy. So far, this bag d/n seem tippy at all, and I really like the metal feet on it. I also really like that the tote straps stow in the front and back pockets and aren't visible if you aren't using the bag that way. They are also not bulky, so you can't really tell that they are there when not in use.

As for purchasing a second from Fleurville, well I have to say there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this bag. Seriously. I'm picky picky picky and I can't find a single flaw. It looks brand new to me. I had to pay $9 for shipping (they have free shipping right now if you buy a regular priced bag), but the bag was still a heck of a deal at 50% off the retail price. And, I don't have a problem with the shipping cost, seeing as how it was overnight.

My only beefs? (1) The dark interior. It is chocolate brown nylon and I think they could have used a light beige, grey or even the purple in the print. It would make things a lot easier to see. (2) the change pad came inside the bag. I don't use regular change pads (I use disposables) so its not much of an issue for me, but if I did use the change pad that came with the bag, I wouldn't want to be putting it back inside the bag, KWIM? I'm not sure if it fits in the rear pocket, it might.

This purchase has definitely made me rethink vinyl-coated bags in general and I'm now a Fleurville fan. I'll post a review after I've used it (its only been packed, not actually used) and in a few months re durability.

HTH
Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

Emmas Mom
10-23-2006, 04:14 PM
I've been using my ST since Mother's Day of 2005 & it's still my favorite bag. They are awesome! :D

rochelsmommy
10-23-2006, 04:53 PM
hi there. well i just got my ST in Choc. ogo today also.
here's my thoughts:
I can't for the life of me see why it was a second. there is nothing wrong with it!! she said it was cloudy in one corner, well mabey my eyesight is going, but it looks pefect!:)

i can't figure out how the stroller hooks work at all?!! anyone??!! if you could post pics i think that would really help.

the print is gorgeous. bag seems very high quality. the bottle holder is really big, but seems really well made, is it insulated? i can't tell.
the bag itself is heavy, but i don't really care. it's pretty big inside, but i think the mothership is easier to access.

i haven't even tried it out yet, just looked it over. i'll post more when i've used it IRL

Chani

bubbaray
10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
The stroller hooks replace the messenger strap, and hook onto swivel hooks using the elastic end (the clip end goes on the bag, same place where the messenger strap hooks on). I tried it on my MBUS and BOB with swivel stroller hooks and found the bag hung down a little too much for my liking (because the elastic part stretches). I have to say, I prefer the Skip Hop mechanism, because you don't need the stroller hooks on the stroller and you can shorten the strap so that the bag d/n hang down.

Yes, as far as I know the bottle bag is insulated. Too big & bulky for my needs, but might work for some.

I haven't weighed the bag, but it "feels" about the same as my Dash when packed. Definitely lighter than the Mothership. The interior access would definitely be improved by a lighter interior.

HTH

Melissa

SammyeGail
10-23-2006, 09:45 PM
I am so glad you like you ST so far : ). I love that print, I had a regular Ogo (the light one) and it had light gray interior which I thought was great, but then I realized it would stain so easy. I sold it but wished I had kept it.

I got a mini Mothership from their seconds sale in Mixed Pink Bingo and I absolutely love the mini MS. I have seen a Mothership IRL and it was SO big, this is the perfect size. I haven't used my ST since, I should sell it on baby bags.

As for the bottle holder, I just took them out. I still use the black Similac ones I got from the hospital, they fit in much better.

Samantha

winterbaby
11-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the review!
Has the weight of the sling tote been an issue? could you compare it to a Darling?
Do you have any pics of the chocolate ogo in person?

Thanks!!!!!

suz
11-08-2006, 03:15 AM
Thanks OP! I didn't even know they sold seconds until I read your post. I purchased seconds for the ST and Escape pod and love them. What a great deal! I was debating for weeks if I needed more diaper bags until I learned about their seconds. Like you, I didn't find any flaws on my bags either.

GB
11-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Did I miss the seconds sale? I went to their website and I couldn't find the seconds anywhere.

suz
11-12-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't think it is advertised. You have to call their customer service number and ask them what they have in stock.

HTH!

patti_b
11-12-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm confused about the use of swivel stroller hooks for attaching the ST to a stroller. Swivel hooks aren't necessary to use w/ the Fleurville stroller hooks. Doing it that way would make it hang WAY lower. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what Melissa is saying? Anyway, there are a couple ways to do it w/ just the Fleurville hooks. You can wrap the loop around the stroller handle then thread the hook through and attach to the d-ring on the bag. This would make it hang up higher than using in conjunction with swivel hooks. Alternatively, to make it hang even a little higher, you can thread the loop on the d-ring on the bag, then strap it across the stroller handle and attach the hook to the d-ring. This way both the loop and the hook are on the d-ring. Hope that makes sense.

Also, just so people who aren't familiar with the bag know - it's not necessary to take the messenger strap off like it is with the Dash.

The pics on the Fleurville website show the first way:
http://www.fleurville.com/products/sling_tote_detail.html

Patti

bubbaray
11-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, I suppose either of those ways would work if you only had one stroller or only used the bag on one stroller. No way would I fuss like that with a stroller strap, hence my use of swivel stroller hooks. The only way I could possibly make the stroller loops work (for me) is on a 2-handled stroller, not a single/bar stroller.

Yes, I was fully aware that the messenger strap d/n have to come off the bag if you use the stroller loops on the bag. But, then you have a messenger strap hanging around, getting in the way of the stroller basket.

Melissa