PDA

View Full Version : Do knock-off Fleurvilles exist?

matchmom
10-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I have been watching mothership bags on Ebay for sometime now. I am tempted to bid on these bags but I fear that "knock-offs" may exist. I would hate to pay all that money for a fake. I want the real thing! Are there other "knock-off/fake" diaper bags to watch out for? Thank you :-)

tina-t
10-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Nordstrom Rack had knockoffs of the mothership but it was a different brand. A Canadian company called Dinatelli also made knockoffs of the mothership but they put their brand on it.

suzhatch1
10-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Check out Kalencom bags, they make a vinyl Mothership knock-off.

http://www.diaperbags.com/store/html/Kalencom_Diaper_Bags/1.html

Sometimes you can find some at BRU or Target, but usually just 1 or 2. Most are online.

HTH!
Suz :)

SammyeGail
10-23-2006, 09:51 PM
The Fleurvilles on ebay are most likely not fakes : ). Probably some moms used a while, some given as gifts and not wanted, etc.

You can try checking with Fleurville to see if they have any 'seconds'. Just call the 1800 number on their website and get customer service. they may not have anything you'd want, but its worth a try.

Samantha

mom2jacknkatie
11-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Definitely try calling cs for 'seconds' if you haven't already. I have been drooling over the Mini Mothership leopard print and I just happen to think of it today. So I called and they had a brand new one with absolutely no flaws. It was used once for a presentation.

In the past I have purchased 3 Escape Pod 'seconds' and all have been nearly perfect. (Wish I had known before I bought my Sling Tote.)