PDA

View Full Version : Sidekick Diaper Bag/Carrier

JoyNChrist
10-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Does anybody have an opinion about the Sidekick carrier/diaper bag from Parents of Invention? It looks pretty cool, but I'm wondering if it really works well...

http://parentsofinvention.com/products/images/Temp/images/Left-Sidekick-Awards_01.jpg

TIA! (x-posted to Diaper Bag board)

patti_b
10-20-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't have any experience with it, but it looks like it would be nearly impossible to get into the diaper bag w/o taking the baby out. Then you would have to juggle the baby and the bag if there is no safe/clean place to set baby down. At first blush it looks pretty neat, but then when you think it through it doesn't seem very practical, IMO.

Patti

chicagojo
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
I realize this is an old post but in case anyone else is interested, I own this bag and LOVE it. It does take a little while to get the hang of converting it from a regular diaper bag to the carrier, but it has been a real lifesaver many times and eliminates the need to bring along a separate carrier when going out. It is a little tricky to access the contents of the bag when your child is in the carrier - you can get to everything just fine, but depending on how big your child is (I am currently using it with a 22 lb 14 month old) it may be difficult to see the contents of the bag with the child in the way. One thing to note, though, is that you really can't use the carrier part with babies under 6 months or so - they need to have good neck & trunk control. People are always commenting on what a great invention this is and asking me where I got it - I'd highly recommend it!

Maria K
03-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm so used to carriers like pouches or ring slings... this looks like the shoulder strap would dig into your shoulder way more than a ring sling would since it doesn't spread over and cup your shoulder at all.
Does it not?
- Maria K