PDA

View Full Version : Bags for Disney World

sophiesmom
10-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey ladies!

We are heading to Disney in November. I have 3 kids, 5, 3, and 8mos. Just wanted to get some ideas on what works best for bags for the park.

I've seen some suggest leaving a cheapo diaper bag w/ the stroller and then carrying important stuff in a smaller bag on attractions.

I also posted on the vera bradley swap board, because I was thinking of using some type of vera but not sure which one (betsy, little betsy, backpack, hipster). I figure i'll be carrying the camera, phone, wipes, sanitizer, etc. Not sure if will be toting a sippy but maybe for the baby.

Thanks!!

hbridge
10-26-2006, 07:00 AM
Hi, We just got back, you will have a wonderful time.

I have one 2 1/2 year old DC who is not yet potty trained and I took my least expensive bag; the Hanna Anderson Messenger Bag (which I love). All that was in it was diapers, wipes, snacks, dining stuff...nothing of value. I also had a small sling purse that I carried with me and I put my DH in charge of the camera.

Have a GREAT time.

Momof3Labs
10-26-2006, 07:07 AM
I left a skip hop attached to the stroller with diapers, wipes, snacks, sippy cup (nothing of value) and carried a LE LT with me on the rides with our valuables.

JustMare
10-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I leave a Skip Hop on my stroller and have a small bag I sling for my stuff (camera, cell phone, money, etc..)

If you'll be taking a lot of buses, I've found that having a foldable shopping tote (I got mine from the Totes outlet) is ideal to have. It folds up to a 5" square. When we're at the bus stops, I empty our entire stroller basket (which usually has jackets since we go off season)into the tote. It makes boarding the buses so much easier.

Have fun!
Mare

tmrbwilson1998
10-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi, Stephanie! We also just got back a couple of weeks ago from WDW (what a blast to take your own babes for the first time)! I took my LB Darling since it is comfy to wear, pliable, and roomy. I had an old LE gray foldable tote in the basket of our P3 with extra clothes (we ended up bringing a swimsuit the 2nd day for DS to wear at Ariel's Grotto with the water), the bulk of our food, and TONS of bottled water (it was in the 90s when we went the 1st week of October!). It worked out just fine with us with our 3.5 yo and our 14mo (DS is PT, but we had to bring extra clothes, sz 3T).

I appreciated the Darling since I could throw it on as a messenger, and although I regretted not bringing a bp at first, I am thankful that I did not - it would have been too much hassle when getting onto rides as DS was pulling us around!

Have a great time!
Tina

sophiesmom
10-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks all!
I think I'll bring my old LE DIA bag. That should be big enough to hold extra clothes for all the kids (i like to have an extra outfit for the older 2, you never know!) and lots of diapers for the baby and toys for her. Plus that changing pad is awesome!

I'm debating on bringing my Vera Bradely carry all for rides. I also have an older LE Little Tripper. Also still thinking about the Vera Backpack or LB...

I was even thinking of buying the LE diaper backpack, but then thought I should just use the DIA... but it's tempting! ha ha!

Momof3Labs
10-28-2006, 06:59 AM
Does your DIA bag fit nicely in your stroller basket? Or hang nicely on the back of the stroller with no tipping? If so, that should work fine for you. If not, reconsider something that will fit well with your stroller and not get in the way.

sophiesmom
10-28-2006, 07:03 AM
We'll be using a Graco Duo, so that basket is huge so I think i'll be ok. It hangs ok on the stroller, but prob better left in basket. I have a organizer that attaches to our double umbrella, so i may take that to hold wipes, etc. for easy access, and our single umbrella has a bag.

I think a dash (or the walmart knockoff which i'm dying to buy!) would be nice to have to hang, but not sure if that would hold all the stuff I want to lug around.