PDA

View Full Version : Bag recommendations needed!

Sarahbunny
10-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok, I have a 5 week old baby girl and a Kecci Shanghai Mommybag. The bag is fine for shorter trips, but I am finding that I pack a lot when I go places and sometimes it is a little snug. Baby is formula-fed only (no flaming please, there is no way I could breastfeed her), so I need to be able to carry formula, bottles, etc.

I am flying to South Carolina next week and will be leaving early in the day and arriving in the late afternoon after the layover - so I need a BIG bag that I can carry everything in, such as formula, bottles, diapers, change of shirts for me, several changes of clothes for Mimi, etc. I'm thinking the Fleurville Mothership is my best choice, but was wondering what other people think?

hudsonam
11-02-2006, 11:39 AM
I personally don't like the strap on the Mothership. I've never actually had the bag, but the strap is so wide at the top, and when I've seen someone carrying it, it's way wider than their shoulder. But someone who actually has one can give you a better review.

I love my Lexie Barnes Superstar. I got it for half price on their web site, but I don’t see any sale items now. It's big, it's cute, and I can't tell you how much I love it. :)

MamaKath
11-02-2006, 08:45 PM
If it is for a flight, I would think about a backpack. You still may find a big backpack a tight squeeze depending on how the bottles are made up (mix and water plus a disposble liner, all premade bottles, etc). I know the OneStepAhead backpack, the LE backpack and the Baby Sherpa are well liked on the boards. Not super stylish, but work well for travel.

HTH~

samantha546
11-03-2006, 02:21 AM
The Lexie Barnes Superstar is great but I find that when I've got it packed full, it doesn't "close" properly. The magnets aren't super strong and I can't pick the bag up by the handle, only by the straps. Otherwise, all the contents come flying out.

I love the Mothership BUT the strap is long and I have no way of adjusting it. It is quite big in there and would work great for your needs. I'm 5'6" but maybe I'm short torso'ed? But if you'd like the Mixed Ogo print, I have a brand new one for sale ;)

The Sherpa and Lands' End bags would work wonderfully for you in your travels but they're not very stylish imo.

Petunia Pickle Bottom has a nice Boxy Backpack and Shoulder Roll that are a little bigger than the Kecci.

Hope this helps in some way! And good luck on your trip. Oh and if you don't have one already, I'd highly recommend getting a sling to carry your baby through the airport! What a life saver ours was!