PDA

View Full Version : What's a great TOTE Bag?

winterbaby
11-04-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm searching around for a good Tote bag that has a zipper, no velcro or snap closure. I had a Clutterbag that I loved but sold because I didn't like the snap since stuff would fall out.

an exterior pocket or 2 would be nice.

Size- similar to or even bigger then a Darling

Not floppy- can stand on its own

Material that is easy to clean- not dry clean only

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

turtlejd
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
How about a Fleurville Sling-Tote? It has two outside slip pockets on each side that close with snaps and a main comparment that closes witha zipper. It's a similar size to the Darling and it can definitely stand on it's own. It's coated with vinyl so it's easy to clean. They also have denim or nylon if you don't like vinyl and the newer ones have a laminate fabric instead of vinyl. HTH!

Joyce

SnuggleBuggles
11-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Sigh...my favorite "diaper bag" was this promotional tote they gave out at the opening of a Lord and Taylor. It was exactly like you described. If it didn't have "Lord and Taylor" written on one side it would have been perfect. I just usually kept that side hidden. :) I actually tried to buy one off an old lady at the gym one day b/c it was such a great bag. :) It was small in scale but could hold a ton, the arm straps kept it like a hobo purse in length (not too small so it could fit over a couat, not too big that it came down to my waist), easy to clean, no top closure, could stand on it's own. I tell ya, if you could find that tote bag you would have a great bag...so long as you could live with the branding on the side. :)

Sorry, just reminiscing. If I can find it on e-bay I'll pass a link along.

Beth

nfowife
11-04-2006, 02:36 PM
I was also going to suggest the fleurville sling tote, jujube be smart, or even an oioi hobo which is a bit floppy depending on the fabric you choose, but it stands on its own as well). Another option would be an ll bean boat tote with a zip top. Also, the vera bradley betsy (and probably a few more styles), or the ellington in-flight tote.

ask_dec2005
11-04-2006, 04:04 PM
I don't know how much pattern or not you'd like, but llbean totes or land end totes are similar to waht you describe.
HTH,
Arati

bubbaray
11-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Yup, those were my thoughts. I'd recommend the LE totes, as they have interior pockets. Also, they are now making a diaper tote:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_678_66223_154387_131306_5:view=-1,00.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_66221&sid=8610118022146121910

It has 6 pockets, the regular totes have 4.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

samantha546
11-05-2006, 03:04 PM
My vote is for the Fleurville Sling Tote. It's FANTASTIC! Out of all my diaper bags (and that's plenty!) I will forever hold onto this one. It's versatile and describes all the features you're looking for plus MORE! Last I checked, Nordstrom had the turquoise and white corduroy on sale.

winterbaby
11-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks ladies!!
you are so helpful and I will definitely get a sling tote....now just which color?? Does anybody have any pics of theirs in real-life? What's the courdorouy like? is it covered with vinyl?