PDA

View Full Version : CARES harness for airplane travel instead of carseat?

mamica
11-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Is anyone familiar with a product called CARES? (see www.kidsflysafe.com)

The Dec issue of Parenting has a blurb about this product which is a lightweight, FAA-approved harness for 1-4 years old (22-44 lbs) to use on an airplane instead of a carseat. It's such a pain to drag the carseat through the airport and install it in the planeseat...I'm curious about this product, and I'm wondering if anyone out their has tried it?

Thanks!

knaidel
11-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I just used it last week. Do you have specific questions about it? My son is almost 2 and really small for his age, and honestly, I think he would have been more comfy in a carseat (easier to see out the window, for example). However, I was traveling by myself so of course, this was much, much easier to deal with.

Let me know what your specific questions are.

mamica
11-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Just wondering if it's secure enough...easy to use...dd will be not quite 14 mos, but she's definitely beyond the 22 lb requirement. Does height factor into comfort/safety level?

knaidel
11-24-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't think that there are height requirements, but I do think that it is more comfy for a taller kid. I think that DS would have been a lot more comfy sitting in a car seat than the airplane seat. He didn't seem so happy sitting in it, like I mentioned. I think that as long as your DD meets the weight requirement, then it's defintely SAFE, just a matter of how comfy.

mamica
11-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks so much!