PDA

View Full Version : Any traveling backpack favorites?

EvaMC
11-28-2006, 10:17 PM
It's getting close for our holiday trip to the grandparents and my DS and I will be traveling early by ourselves. I was looking online at the LL Bean diaper bag backpack and thought that would be great to carry some snacks, a few toys and a change of clothes on the plane. My little guy is 21mos so it'll be tricky flying solo without dads help! Anyone have this bag or have any recommendations for a backpack-like bag they've used? I need a backpack since I'll be loaded with a stroller and the carseat too.:)

nfowife
11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
I have the baby sherpa short haul and really like it!

bubbaray
11-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Lands End Triple Compartment Diaper Backpack. More comfortable than any of my technical packs.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

larson
11-29-2006, 05:06 PM
We have a nice size Jansport backpack I got at Sam's Club for $20 I think. I have used it everytime we have flown (and several times when it was just me and ds). I really like the division of compartments--there are two large ones and then a decent size 'small' one that is great for lotion, hand sanitizer (oh yeah, all the stuff you CAN'T take with you on the plane anymore!), etc. and then one more outer zipper that's nice for throwing your ID into while going through security w/out losing it but not having it on your body.

I did see them at Sam's a few months ago, but I wasn't really looking for them the last time and I only go there once every few months.

Good luck!
Carrie

samantha546
11-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, it's not exactly huge but I love taking my Quited OiOi backpack when we're traveling. It's not large but it still packs quite a lot and has a great small pocket for my items such as wallet, passport, etc. I would say it's about the same size as the PPB Touring Tote or a little bit smaller than the LB Darling. And in the end, it's quite stylish :)

smzapalac
12-08-2006, 05:17 PM
I purchased the Land's End diaper bag backpack and use it when I travel with my for my 22 month old. I travel a lot without my DH and this backpack has really kept me organized. It also hooks well on the stroller. Good luck in your search.