PDA

View Full Version : Yes, my DH is the BEST! He got me a Mothership for Xmas!

larson
11-29-2006, 05:00 PM
and DS spilled the beans! Obviously, three-year-olds can't be trusted with secrets! Anyway, my only issue is the 'messenger' style feature. I just put a couple of cloth diapers and all the other essentials I can predict I'd need for 2 kids and myself and it seems to all fit nicely. The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the shoulder strap. I do like to wear my diaper bag across my body and I really feel like that's not quite as easy to do with this bag. Esp. with the winter coat! I do know the strap has the slip-proof stuff, so I'm assuming that as I'm schlepping into the store with infant carrier, toddler and diaper bag in tow, I really can be guaranteed it won't slip off my shoulder, right?

Though I am really in love with it and have been lusting after one since I had ds, that strap is making me think about researching other options. I have yet to cut the tags off, though baby #2 isn't due until Feb. so I do have time to make a decision before I'll really need to use it.

Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks!
Carrie

bubbaray
11-30-2006, 03:35 PM
I was never able to use my former Mothership messenger style. The strap was too short and too wide/bulky. I sold it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Sling Tote, though. My fav bag yet.

Kudos to your DH!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

SammyeGail
12-04-2006, 02:02 PM
I have a Mini-Mothership, I'm assuming it has the same sholder padding. I have twins and usually have the double stroller and hang my bag from it. This past weekend we went out and DH carried one ds in our Kelty carrier and I used the single stroller. The Fleurville did not stay on my sholder well. Maybe it was the sweater I was wearing, I don't know.

Lexie Barnes has a big bag, called the Superstar. It has a long adjustable strap and can be worn messanger style. The padding is not as nice as Fleurville's, but its an option for you.

Even though I have twins, I have found I am not a big bag carrier. I don't know if this is an option for you, but we pack 2 bags and leave one in the car. We put what we know we'll need while we're in the store, etc in the main bag, and extra diapers, bibs, toys, etc in the other bag. We usually use the bag we got from the hospital. For bottles (and baby food), the extras go in a cooler and we take out what we need at each stop.

I also have a Sling Tote and it has alot more room that I thought it would.

Samantha
Noah and Jonas
1 year 2 weeks old