PDA

View Full Version : LB superstar vs Lesportsac Deluxe Messenger

cellenly
12-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm looking for a lightweight large bag with good organization. Both seem to be lightweight, and i'm not sure about the organization for the lesportsac deluxe messenger. Price is not an issue. Both bags seem to be similar size as far as I can tell. I don't think there's a place to see either of these bags IRL.

Can anyone address difference between the two to help me try to decide? I'm particularily interested in how big it looks on you.
(i originally wanted to get the posh ultimate b/c i love backpacks, but i saw pictures of people carrying it, and it seems like it looks huge if a 5'3" person were to carry it -- if this is wrong, please correct me).

btw, does anyone have a picture of them carrying either of these bags?
thanks.

SammyeGail
12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
You'll be able to get lots of advice (and pics) on these bags if you join the babybagsellswap yahoo group. There are some real experts there!!

Samantha

Lilysmom06
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I have never seen the superstar, but I have the LeSportsac Messenger, and love it. I had a very hard time finding a bag I liked, but haven't looked at another bag since. I have it in Black, and go it from Macys. I think the organization is great. There are two side pockets, which will fit a water bottle or a Playtex nurser fits fine in there too. The messenger flap has a zippered opening (which I don't even use) and lifts up to reveal two open pockets (perfect for diapers and wipes) and a full length pocket with velcro (I use for changing pad, tissues, etc). The main pocket opens with a zipper on top, and here I put extra clothes, blanket, etc. with plenty of room to spare. THere is another full length full size pocket along the back which closes with velcro, and then a half zippered pocket, where I put my wallet and keys. Honestly, this is the best organized I have ever been, and its not even a diaper bag!!! I am 5'6", and don't think the bag is too big at all. It is very lightweight and has an easily adjustable strap. I would highly recommend it!!!

BTW, my DD has spent the entire weekend away, and I was able to pack all her stuff into this bag without any problem.

jenfed1
12-19-2006, 12:03 PM
I have had both..they are both nice, but I think the Superstar holds much more and has great bottle pockets. The LeSportsac is a great bag too, but it's not quite as big. I'm not a big fan of Lexie's patterns, so what's nice is there are more colors for the Lesportsac to choose.