PDA

View Full Version : A Coach tote for a diaper bag?

kaileysmom
12-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I was one of the ones who thought the only diaper bags out there were the ones at Babies R Us and Target. Now that I know better, I was thinking of maybe using a Coach tote for a diaper bag this time around. I need one that can carry newborn essentials and maybe a change of clothes for a 24 month old (DD's potty trained). DH offered to buy me one for my birthday next week, but I have been put on bedrest and can't try them out. Any suggestions? I saw a couple online that look promising, but not sure if they are roomy enough, etc. Thanks in advance :)

deannamorrison
12-05-2006, 10:27 PM
You do know that Coach actually makes diaper bags,right?

SteelerFan
12-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I have this bag:

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=8717&category_id=68

and it's big--I carry a diapees and wipees in it--my wallet and wristlet and a few essentials, but I don't know if it would be big enough to carry everything for a newborn. Also, the handles are't long enough to keep on your shoulders for a long period. the baby bags are wonderful and huge so if you're thinking of a Coach bag for a newborn, this would work. This bag is also gorgeous and huge, but waaay mucho denaro:

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=8564&category_id=68

Good Luck deciding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

kaileysmom
12-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Yes, I knew that, but I heard they were rather heavy. I normally get a new purse every year, so I was trying to get a 2 for 1 :)

kaileysmom
12-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I actually had the first saved as an option, so it's a bummer to know the straps aren't long enough. I actually liked that one. That second one is gorgeous!!! I didn't see that one online. I was actually thinking of getting a wristlet in that legacy print, but $748, whoa!!

LuLusMaMa
12-11-2006, 03:54 PM
I also carry the Coach Hampton's Business Tote that the PP linked as a "mommy bag" and I actually carry it on my shoulder all the time and I also think it might be roomy enough for all of your newborn essentials. I used to carry a full size Fleurville Mothership and it's similar in "cargo" capacity. The only downside would be if you weren't BFing and needed a secure place for bottles - this Coach bag doesn't have a place to secure a bottle upright but I personally throw my water bottles and DD's travel cups in there all the time without problems.

Downsides: A) It's heavy to begin with and gets heavier as I pack it, B) It's lined in black so it can be a "black hole" and C) The cloth exterior, although treated, isn't stain-proof. Even in black, I think B-milk or formula will show up - a LOT.

It was also a birthday gift from DH so I won't tell him this: If I were to do it again, I would have bought the current Coach Diaper Bag. They are about the same size/price but the Diaper Bag has better pockets inside and is less stiff and heavy.

Hope this helps - sorry for rambling!