PDA

View Full Version : Graco Travel Lite Bouncer: To Buy or not to Buy? Other recs for travel bouncer?

mcpinroc
12-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi,

I live overseas and am travelling back to the US for three weeks with my 3 month old and 2.5 year old. We have completely relied on our FP calming vibs bouncer for our baby. The vibs lasted about a day (it was a hand-me-down), but it is so easy to bounce with just light pressure from a single toe that we can now do almost anything while bouncing him at the same time.

We were also given an evenflo car bouncer - which I think just means it folds up to go in the car (not that you would bounce your child while in the car). It is so stiff - it doesn't bounce at all. It is also much more upright than our FP which cradles DS.

So here's my question: Does anyone have the Graco Travel Lite bouncer. Can you tell me if it really bounces? Since I'm out of the country I can't test before I buy. I really want to have one there when I arrive so I don't waste precious family holiday time in some superstore.

Another question - is there any travel bouncer out there that bounces well? You see, we'll be travelling within the US, not just staying in one place, so I'd like something we can take with us in our luggage.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,
Margaret
Santiago, Chile

mcpinroc
12-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Well, this posting was actually mine and hasn't gotten any responses yet, but I thought I'd reply to my own with my recent epiphany:

I can disassemble my bouncer!!! Of course, these things are made to be able to be shipped compactly, so it is no big deal. It isn't as convenient as a folding contraption, but from what I've seen those just aren't as comfy and my ds is so used to HIS I wouldn't want to risk a switch anyway. Plus, this is a one-trip deal. After this trip we won't be travelling again while he is still small enough for a bouncer.

So I thought I'd share my plan with y'all in case someone else was in a similar perdicament.