PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Mini Tote--what can you fit in it?

Rach3975
12-12-2006, 10:26 PM
I've only seen one picture of the Mini Tote packed (a few threads ago), and I'm trying to figure out if it's big enough for me. I'm currently carrying the Lands End Little Tripper. The size is perfect, but I'm ready for something new with different organization. So, if you have one, what do you usually carry in it and does that completely fill it? Pictures are much appreciated!

nfowife
12-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I am guessing you saw my pictures? I can pretty much fit the same stuff in my LT and my mini tote for what I pack (which is pretty minimal right now- my wallet and chapstick, cellphone, 1-2 dipes, wipes, disposable changing pad, a sippy and a few snacks for DD, plus some other small extras as needed like tissues, tylenol, table topper, bib, etc.). The mini tote is a little wider and shorter, while the LT is taller but skinnier. Plus I put my 2 dipes and small wipes pack and disposable change pad on the outside of the bag, instead of using up room on the inside like I do when I use the LT diaper pocket inside. The LT has a little more room so if you stuff that you might have to downsize a tad.

Rach3975
12-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Yup, they were your pictures. (Thanks!) I usually have plenty of extra room in the LE LT, but when we go out for dinner I need to throw in pajamas for DS2 and that stuffs it. I wish the local stores that sell Fleurville bags had the Mini Tote. It would be so much easier to see it IRL!

June Mommy
12-14-2006, 09:28 PM
I recently graduated from a Sling Tote to a Mini Tote. I don't have pics yet of my Mini packed, but I carry:
In the main compartment- 2 size 5 diapers, Fleurville wipes case

In the 4 inner pockets- included changing pad in one; Playtex straw cup in another; travel tissue pack, travel Clorox wipes, ind. wrapped Wet Ones and Shout Wipes and mini hand sanitizer spread between the other two (clean freak ;) )
I can usually throw the Snack Trap in the main compartment, too, but not much else. I could not fit an extra change of clothes in there. I use the 2 outside pockets for my things (sunglasses, wristlet, cell phone, and any loose papers or coupons.) There is also a caribiner in the main compartment for keys.

My ST was really too big and heavy to carry all the time since I didn't need much more than what I listed, though I did usually take a change of clothes. The Mini Tote, however, feels really stuffed to me with what I pack. I like the size, but there sure isn't any extra room.

Rach3975
12-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Oh well, it sounds like it's just a bit too small for me. Not having a little extra room for babyfood or a sleeper as needed would bother me. Why is it so hard to find a bag sized like the LT in a pattern or color I like? Thanks for your help!

Emmas Mom
12-21-2006, 01:49 PM
What about a mini Mothership?

Rach3975
12-21-2006, 04:26 PM
I've seen the Mini-Mothership, and it's a lot bigger than I expected, closer to a regular ST. I also found the handle too short to wear messenger-style. I've discovered that the LeSportsac Everyday Deluxe Bag is the size I'm looking for, so I'm hoping that will work out. I also just managed to get a ST second from the Fleurville sale, so I'll have a regular ST for days when I need more.