PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a new diaper bag!!!

btbrors
01-06-2007, 02:26 PM
In sept we'll have a 20 month old and newborn.
I have a Lands End DIA and LT. When DS was a newborn, I found the LT too small b/c I was breastfeeding, so I had a cooler with me for the pumped milk.... so then I carried my purse, the LT and a cooler!!! I'd love to find one new bag that works better!

The LT is still just barely on the small side, but the DIA was way too big for a couple hours out. I also didn't like that the DIA was so thick.

What should I consider??? I've been reading the posts, but I'm totally lost.

Here's what I'm looking for in a perfect bag:
-Bigger than the LT, smaller than DIA (The smallest bag I can get away with!!!)
-Over one shoulder type- I think this is called tote??
-Slim bag (not thick like the DIA)
-Prefer zippered, but as long as stuff doesn't fall out if it tips over.
-Avent bottle holder on the outside (the one thing I like on the DIA)
-A way to carry cold milk/ice (or a place to put a cooler, without using up the whole bag)
-Can put it on a P3 stroller....wait I probably will need a new stroller now for 2 little ones!! ;)
-Stylish:)... but not so girly that my DH couldn't use it.

I'm sure there's more but I'm just beginning my search!!
Thanks for your help!!
Becky

samantha546
01-07-2007, 03:24 AM
So what first comes to mind is the Fleurville Sling Tote. Then it's the Lexie Barnes Darling. Both fit on the P3 pretty good are stylish but still maintain a sense of masculinity. They're both zippered but the ST does not have outside pockets.

And if I might make a suggestion, skip the dual stroller and get a good baby carrier like an ERGO or pouch or BOTH! :D

btbrors
01-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks Samantha!
It's much more manageable to start with a couple and look at those! I was so overwhelmed. I glanced at them and they both look beautiful! A huge improvement over the LT!

Now I can turn the research to the pouches/ergo:) Thanks for the tip on the stroller!
Becky

CiderLogan
01-08-2007, 01:44 PM
I got the Sling Tote when I first had a newborn and (then) almost-3-year-old. It fit our needs perfectly. I put the free formula bag in there when I need it for pumped milk or now for yogurt or other cold food. I still use it everyday - it holds change of clothes, diapering supplies, my stuff, solids stuff, and toys with a bit of room to spare in case I need to throw anything in there for my older DD. It can also hang on any stroller with the loops (although I just put it in the bottom of my Chicco Cortina).

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

mom2jakobandlukas
01-08-2007, 03:41 PM
i just got my lexie darling this weekend. i am preparing for 2 in diapers.plus i have a 5yr old so when we go to theme parks he needs stuff in there too.

we used it at a theme park yesterday,i went alone with the boys-the bag is GREAT!! and really a breeze to carry!