PDA

View Full Version : New JJ Cole "System Bag" - anyone have this yet?

rgors
01-07-2007, 12:53 PM
The new JJ Cole diaper bag, called the "System Bag", was supposed to come out in early January. (http://www.jjcoleusa.com/ss.php) Has anyone received it yet, or seen it (in real life) in a store? I think this might be "my ultimate bag," but I hate to buy it with only seeing a few online pictures.

I'm curious about
- the color of the interior lining, and interior structure (seems like both a zip top and a flap with zippered pockets?)
- the size, especially compared to the Skip Hop Dash
- the quality/durability feel of the fabric
- also wondering, are the included changing pad tote and pacifier tote the same design as "jj cole essentials" products?

Also, brand aside, is it "safe" to hang a bag from the back of a stroller (mid-full size)? I sometimes read "don't do that" or "only up to 3 pounds," but it seems that there are so many products geared to hanging off a stroller. Of course I would be careful of it tipping.

Thanks!

http://www.jjcoleusa.com/images/product/ss/ss_add_3.jpg

rgors
01-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Here is a response from JJ Cole, if anyone else is interested in this bag:

Thank you for your inquiry. I love the system bag and am very excited for it to be available! In answer to your questions:

1) The interior fabric of each bag is the same color as the accent binding (cocoa/pink interior is orange, green/blue is blue, and graphite/green is green).
2) Approximate dimensions are: length 11.5", width 13.5", and depth 5" at it's widest point.
3) The changing pad and tote are the same dimensions as the other changing pad and tote in our essentials line.

Hope this helps.

-----
(I accidentally forgot the "what type of fabric" question when I emailed them.)

tg_canada
01-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks, I am interested as well. I am guessing that's a typo when it says the cocoa/pink has an orange interior? Not that I don't like orange, :), but based on how the others colours work.

I am also interested in the interior pockets and what material it is made of. I wish they had more pics on their web site!

rgors
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Actually, the cocoa/pink is indeed an orange interior. On the outside of the bag there are three colors: two primary colors and one "piping" accent color. The interior fabric color matches the outer piping color. The piping on the pink/cocoa bag is orange. The "green blue" bag is actually green and brown (pictured above) with blue piping. And so on.

I too wish there were interior pictures! Or any picture from the side, even. The bags are shipping this month. The cust service rep asked for my zip code and then provided me with a list of stores close to me that had this specific system bag on order for their store! This way I can go see the bag pre-purchase. I'm sure if you sent your zip code to them and requested the same service, they would send you a relevant list of stores near you, as well.

tg_canada
01-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the clarification! I misunderstood what was going on. :)

I am pretty sure I only have one store in my city that carries JJ Cole, so I'll cross my fingers that they have this bag coming in. I'll email JJ Cole to find out. Thanks for the tip!

MNmomtobe
01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
That's a cool looking bag. I just looked at a few pictures online and the "pink" looks closer to red? Maybe it is a darker magenta pink or it's just the way it looks on my computer screen.

val01
01-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Expressive Toys has it on their website. I emailed them and asked for photos or an interior description. I will let you know when I hear back.

Thanks!

Valerie

rgors
01-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Wow, thanks Valerie!

To "MNmomtobe" -- on my screen, the pink looks very deep, but still pink. I generally don't trust colors on a monitor however. :)

val01
01-13-2007, 11:18 AM
It looks like they haven't shipped yet. I got an email back from Expressive Toys. They are expecting them in late January.

Valerie

rgors
01-13-2007, 08:09 PM
I saw the cocoa pink bag today and it's definitely pink, but a dark fuschia type of pink.

rgors
01-13-2007, 08:16 PM
One store here in Denver (Real Baby, http://www.realbabyinc.com) has received two of the three colors available (they emailed me to say they were in so I could stop by -- how nice!). DH was kind enough to indulge me a side-trip to the store today.

Both DH and I were quite pleased with the bag. I will describe as best as I can remember, until some website or poster is so kind as to post pictures. Again, this is from memory, so I might have made a couple mistakes.

(1) the changing pad tote and pacifier pod are the same as the JJ Cole essentials line.

(2) interior fabric adds a really nice contrast and a pop of color -- easy to see your interior items against this bright fabric

(3) DH liked that the bag was "no nonsense" yet not "boring" at the same time

POCKETS
- back side has a thin pocket covering the entire back of bag. A velcro closure, if I remember right.
- The top of the bag is not a zipper all the way across, as you might think from the pictures. The top zipper is actually only about 4" or so long and extends from the pointed tip down (see top right side of bag in picture to understand "pointed tip"). This is the MP3 player pocket. If you don't have an MP3 player, this pocket would be a good size for keys, or cell phone, etc.
- Both bottle pockets seem fine. Neither are insulated: if that matters to you, then it's something to know. They seem slim so I am not sure if they would fit Avent bottles. No closure on bottle pockets.
- On the front edge of the bag, there is a very long zipper that goes continuously along the top edge and down the right side of the bag. The resulting interior compartment is VERY roomy and has additional slim pockets. DH and I liked this ability to access any area of the bag easily. This is, however, purely a matter of personal taste.
- The front of the bag is one big flap, secured with a magnet, and contoured around the "cell phone pocket" (bottom right). There is a small flat zippered pocket in this flap.
- Under the flap are approx. three organization areas for parent items like credit cards, pens, etc. They are flat, not expandable that I noticed -- so if you carry a clutch or something similar, it would have to go elsewhere in the bag.
- The handle is an adjustable length shoulder strap. On the strap is a super comfortable pad to make it easier on the shoulder. The bag could be worn either over the shoulder or messenger style.

Overall the exterior dimensions make it seem in between the Skip Hop Dash or Duo, however we had the impression that the interior seemed much roomier than either. The included totes and super nice fabrics (wipeable nylon interior) make this our first choice bag. Our primary reservations are lack of "expandable" pockets (on the outside of the bag) or any bottle insulation. Also there is no fully enclosed waterproof pocket for dirty duds -- nothing that a ziplock won't solve. (There are waterproof pockets, but they are not air-tight).

JoyNChrist
01-15-2007, 03:18 AM
Just wanted to let y'all know that it's available at The Wee Boutique also...they have some good pictures of each bag and the coordinating changing pad/pacifier pod.

Here's a link...

http://www.theweeboutique.com/catalog.php?item=383&catid=75&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D75

tg_canada
01-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the awesome description! The bottle holders are a deal breaker for me as I need side pockets that will hold SIGG or Kleen Kanteen bottles for water. These sound much too narrow for those. And we don't bottlefeed so the side pockets would be wasted for me.

The rest of the bag sounds super cool, if only they made those side pockets more multi-purpose!