PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2...will this work for me?

Lovingliv
01-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey Ladies, I am expecting my 2nd shortly and am trying to get a diaper bag to fit my needs. If anyone has any extra time, I would love some imput on this.

1. 2 in diapers
2. 2 outfits and maybe 3
3. purell
4. a place to put my stuff (id, keys, cell phone)
5. snacks
6. Toys
7. Blanket
8. sippies

I can't really think of anything else, but I am sure I am missing stuff. Any who,,,,I know I can build my own T2...just wondering if this is the best bet for me. It can't be too girly, cause DH has to carry it too!

TIA

bubbaray
01-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Depends on the size of the toys and blanket whether that would fit in a small T2. You could fit all that, plus the baby, in a medium.

FWIW, I have a medium, small and metro mini T2. I didn't particularly like the medium and small b/c even with the center divider etc, they are basically big holes. I much prefer my Skip Hop Dashes.

If you can get your hands on an Ameribag Tote, it would all fit in there. They aren't made anymore, but they were a great bag and had really good organization as a diaper bag.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

candybomiller
01-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I wasn't a fan of the T2. I had the same big hole problem that Melissa did. I much prefer a bag with more pockets to keep things separated and easy to find.

Lovingliv
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
>Depends on the size of the toys and blanket whether that
>would fit in a small T2. You could fit all that, plus the
>baby, in a medium.
>

LOL...thanks for the imput. My DH is gung ho for the timbuk2 BECAUSE of the center divider........

Glad to have some imput ladies....I appreciate it!

Lovingliv
01-19-2007, 04:59 PM
So, what would that be Candy? I would love something with lots of pockets....sigh...will I ever find a bag that works for us?

Twin Mom
01-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I agree with the PP. There is little to no organization in any of the T2 bags. I have a small but I use it as a work bag to transport my planner, lunch and assorted papers so I don't need much organization. As a babybag, I don't think it would work very well unless you use ziplocs or small cosmetic bags to organize your stuff.

I don't have an Ameribag tote but do have an Ameribag sling baby backpack for sale if you are interested. You can PM me or come over to babybags where I have it for sale.

bubbaray
01-20-2007, 05:21 PM
What about a Denim SH Dash? It has lots of pockets and is funky, yet manly.

Other alternatives: LL Bean large Touring tote (same as their diaper bag, but without the change pad -- just use disposables). LE DIA would definitely hold what you carry, but its a bit bulky (could you leave some of the stuff in the car and carry a smaller bag??) LE Triple Compartment Diaper Backpack ROCKS -- seriously the best backpack I own, even compared to the technical packs I have.

I've checked out the Diaper Dude ones and don't think they would hold what you carry. I haven't seen the Dad Gear ones IRL.

Most of the pricier, fancier bags are more feminine.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

tracerx
01-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Another option to consider would be a T2 Cargo Tote, I had one in Medium and it would probably hold what you describe...there aren't a ton of pockets but enough for some light organization.

MamaKath
01-29-2007, 10:51 PM
>If you can get your hands on an Ameribag Tote, it would all fit in there. They aren't made anymore, but they were a great bag and had really good organization as a diaper bag.<

I completely agree. I have 2 of these and when I needed a daily diaper bag these were one of my very favorites! I just looked at mine the other day thinking it needs a new life, lol (no more diapers and me back to work it doesn't get used). I have the Ameribag Baby Bag and much prefered the Tote as a baby bag (more pockets for sippies and such). Just a great bag!!!!