PDA

View Full Version : best messenger bag???

bugglemom
02-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm having #2 in June. My DS #1 will be almost 4. I'm looking for a new diaper bag but I'm out of the loop on what's out there at this point. I got my current diaper bag (a Kenneth Cole messenger bag which I never really liked)when DS was born and it's helped me learn what I want and what I don't.

So here goes:

Messenger bag with ADJUSTABLE STRAP
Water/stain proof or resistant material
Feet on the bottom and/or stiffness to the construction
Lots of pockets, of course
Not afraid of a large bag (must hold all my baby stuff plus my 4 year olds snacks, juice, small toy etc.)
Some padding or somthig on the shoulder strap would be nice but not a deal-breaker.

Okay ladies, any ideas? Much thanks!

heatherlynn
02-13-2007, 07:22 AM
oioi messenger?
Fleurville mothership?
SH Dash? (feet?)
Posh Baby Ultimate? (feet?)

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

babybear
02-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I vote for the Denim Dash.
Fleurville Mothership does not have an adjustable strap and is heavy.
The Posh baby is too big for an everyday bag.
Also a Timi & Leslie messenger is nice.

Beth568
02-17-2007, 03:33 PM
I'd recommend a Ju-Ju-Be Be all. It's a large messenger style bag and has:

- an adjustable strap
- a padded shoulder strap
- great water resistant material (the fabric is Teflon-coated, and the bags are even machine washable and they clean up beautifully)
- great pockets and interior organization (I used it for my 1 and 4 year old last year, and it easily held diapers, wipes, 2 sippy cups, snacks, toys, etc)

It does not have feet, and isn't really stiff material, but mine always stood up just fine when packed, and it's not terribly floppy when empty.

I like the Ju Ju Be bags better than some of the other vinyl coated bags like Fleurvilles, because they're not quite as heavy and stiff, but still stand up to dirt, water, etc.

Kindra178
02-18-2007, 09:57 AM
I love the JJB men's bag. Lots of pockets and my husband will carry it. I don't think it stands up on it's own though.